Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gadget Heros

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Posts Posts : 236

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:24 am

Gadget Heros 2y587
just a deck ive been working on has tested well
thoughts?

Last edited by Crusader Rand on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice_k
alice_k

Posts Posts : 853

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:55 am

what i would say is add ultimate offerings also
-chaos sorc
-snowman eater
-2 trag
-1 e-call
-1 photon guy
-2 compulsory
you can try adding an allure one more pot of duality fiendish chain also explore some techs of your own test it out and tell me how it goes

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Posts Posts : 222

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:29 am

I'm not sure what this combo is supposed to bring to the table... You could make Gaia and Dian like it's nobody's business but you're not taking much advantage of that. These are two decks that run very different ways; Gadgets replenish and use things like Smashing Ground, HEROs take advantage of Gemini Spark and Hero Blast. Tour Guide is a good card but not in line with either of the two decks do. I just... I'm not even sure what to recommend.

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 8:24 pm

well mostly I'm trying to run this kind of like monarchs with summoning for advantage while not committing anything to the field until after my opponent has and then countering with swap miracle or chaos/BLS

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Crusader Rand wrote:
well mostly I'm trying to run this kind of like monarchs with summoning for advantage while not committing anything to the field until after my opponent has and then countering with swap miracle or chaos/BLS

Except Gadgets and Monarchs both benefit simply off Normal Summoning and gain advantage that way. The only HERO that does that is Stratos; the rest benefit off combos (as I said before, Neos Alius with Gemini Spark and Hero Blast). What you're suggesting is that you can basically do a 180 on your deck's strategy at will; that sounds lovely on paper but in the real world it means card for one half become inopportune for the other.

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:58 am

except i dont do a 180 i dont use spark or blast i use alius like a 1900 beater that was +1ed into my hand

the photon and snow man are kind of techs im trying out in the place of e cons as well

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Crusader Rand wrote:
except i dont do a 180 i dont use spark or blast i use alius like a 1900 beater that was +1ed into my hand

the photon and snow man are kind of techs im trying out in the place of e cons as well

You're running RotA, E-Emergency Call and Miracle Fusion. That's cards devoted to the HERO Engine that will become annoying when you're using the Gadgets. Meanwhile, if you need to pull one of the HERO cards to get out of a tight spot and you pull a Gadget, you're SoL. Do you see what I mean? You're not even running Ultimate Offering, a staple of Gadget Decks and something you could even take advantage of with Stratos if you intend to use Alius as a beater.

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:34 pm

think of miracle fusion more along the lines of bls and chaos sorc miracle fusion takes 1 of 7 cards in my deck and any other monster in my deck to work witch is about what bls needs most of the time e call and rota are just thereto help enable miracle fusion just like ppl use sangan and tour guide to pull out effect veiler for use with bls

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 2:17 am

Crusader Rand wrote:
think of miracle fusion more along the lines of bls and chaos sorc miracle fusion takes 1 of 7 cards in my deck and any other monster in my deck to work witch is about what bls needs most of the time e call and rota are just thereto help enable miracle fusion just like ppl use sangan and tour guide to pull out effect veiler for use with bls

You're not understanding what I am saying at all. I am talking about dead draws. I am talking about Miracle Fusion being a dead draw when you haven't drawn a HERO yet, so you're forced to sit on it until one comes along when if it were something else it would be live immediately. I'm talking about situations when you need Miracle Fusion, E - Emergency Call or RotA to combo your way out and you dead-draw a Gadget. Your deck has the fundamental problem that it's using two archetypes that benefit off different styles of play; the end result being that neither is used to its optimum potential because cards from one engine become dead draws when you need something for the other.

Back to top Go down
barragan2
Beginner
Beginner
barragan2

Posts Posts : 588

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 am

alice_k wrote:
what i would say is add ultimate offerings also
-chaos sorc
-snowman eater
-2 trag
-1 e-call
-1 photon guy
-2 compulsory
you can try adding an allure one more pot of duality fiendish chain also explore some techs of your own test it out and tell me how it goes
id just go with alice's suggestion for now... genma doess have a point on dead draws, which is why i'd deffinately use duality

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 pm

barragan i have duality and if i wanted a heavy trap line up deck I would have posted a deck with a heavy trap lineup

Genma you have just hit upon the biggest problem with hero decks. and if you think hero decks and gadget decks are all that different you are stupid.

Heros that don't try to otk use stratos and alius with blast and spark to gain advantage and lots of distruction traps and sometimes spells to 1 for 1 your opps monsters

Gadgets that dont try to otk use them selves to gain advantaged and then lots of 1 for 1 cards to clear out the opponents field

not that different.

the chance of dead drawing is not even an argument because if i ran sparks and blast over the gadgets then i could draw a gadget aka spark/blast and not get a hero monster to combo with dead draws are always possible and my deck has no spells or traps or monsters that cant be used because i dont have a certin card in my hand or on the field

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Crusader Rand wrote:
barragan i have duality and if i wanted a heavy
trap line up deck I would have posted a deck with a heavy trap lineup

CR, you posted your deck in the "Decks" Section. If that mislead you
into thinking you posted decks here for us to look at them in shock and
awe, I apologize. This section is here for you to post decks to get
SUGGESTIONS from people. When he says run Duality, he means run a full 3. There's no need to get snippy with people for offering their suggestions when that's the whole point of this section.

Quote :
Genma
you have just hit upon the biggest problem with hero decks. and if you
think hero decks and gadget decks are all that different you are
stupid.

Heros that don't try to otk use stratos and alius with
blast and spark to gain advantage and lots of distruction traps and
sometimes spells to 1 for 1 your opps monsters

Gadgets that dont try to otk use them selves to gain advantaged and then lots of 1 for 1 cards to clear out the opponents field

not that different.

First of all, you've just lumped all HERO Decks into one pile. I can think of at least 3 ways they can be divided up: gate HEROs, Bubbleman Turbo, and the OCG-style Skill Drain variants. While there is some overlap between them, tyhey all have differences in play.

Second, there is a significant difference from Gadgets. Gadget decks benefit off Normal Summoning a Gadget to 1, then using field removal to clear the way for damage; OR, they use Ultimate Offering to fill the field with monsters. HEROs are more invested in getting 1 or 2 Beaststicks onto the field. Gemink Spark and Hero Blast are tech options but the deck doesn't revolve around them; Gadgets NEED the removal cards because the monetrs themselves aren't very powerful. And you're not running even the generic 1-for-1 spells Gadgets use.

Quote :
the
chance of dead drawing is not even an argument because if i ran sparks
and blast over the gadgets then i could draw a gadget aka spark/blast
and not get a hero monster to combo with dead draws are always possible
and my deck has no spells or traps or monsters that cant be used because
i dont have a certin card in my hand or on the field

Dead draw is certainly arguable, because you're running 2 decktypes at once and not adequately supporting either. All decks have dead draws but some have more than others; whenever you try to hybridize two decks, the dead draw ratio (in my experience) inevitably rises.

Back to top Go down
alice_k
alice_k

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 am

keep it civil you guys, dont let this get out of hand plz

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:11 am

alice_k wrote:

I'm sorry Alice, but I don't particularly like it when my intelligence is challenged.

Back to top Go down
alice_k
alice_k

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:08 am

don't worry about Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Posts Posts : 447

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Genma no Ou wrote:
alice_k wrote:

I'm sorry Alice, but I don't particularly like it when my intelligence is challenged.

+1

no wait...

+infinity

sry spam xD

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:57 pm

Life Stream Dragon wrote:
Genma no Ou wrote:
alice_k wrote:

+1

no wait...

+infinity

sry spam xD

Seeing as you're here Mr. LSD, any thoughts on the deck?

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:42 pm

Genma no Ou wrote:
Life Stream Dragon wrote:
Genma no Ou wrote:
alice_k wrote:

+1

no wait...

+infinity

sry spam xD

Seeing as you're here Mr. LSD, any thoughts on the deck?

now that u mention it. i dont think that gadgets are needed in a hero deck. they do not accomplish much in the end. the most decks that run them are decks that wanna plus, and probably wanna beatdown with solidarity. heroes wanna maintain control over the field with their fusions. i dont see any possible way how those gadgets can support heroes, vice versa.

i would recommend replacing the gadgets for more traps, just to maintain control over the field long enough, to spam my field for game. i also dont know why there is a bls and chaos. i mean the only light monsters your running are alius and that photon thingy, and you need them for miracle fusion and hero blast.. using one makes the other one a dead card and thats certainly not what you want to have. now there are no gadgets i also see no point of the trago's. put in some other heroes, like wildheart, ocean and voltic..

thats what i personally think of hero decks these days.

using them together may be fun but its nothing more then that with a good hand.. lets take 5 random cards in your deck:
bls, red gadget, creature swap, duality, alius, miracle fuse
in my opinion its not that of a great hand. miracle needs grave setup to go off, bls too which makes that 2 dead cards. red gadget can be used with creature swap only if your opponent has a monster you wants. and duality to nullify your luck.

i guess i said enough.

Back to top Go down
barragan2
Beginner
Beginner
barragan2

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:44 pm

Crusader Rand wrote:
ohhh so "let your plans be as dark and as impenetrable as night... And when you move. Fall like a thunderbolt." -sun . so you are trying to build a deck based off of sun tzu's idealology for strategy... Hmmm I think there are better decks and ways to aply this...

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:54 am

Thank you mr LSD for your thoughts, I will kindly ignore them because the point of a gadget hero deck is NOT to take the gadgets out of them.

Barragan2 that quote speaks more to how to conduct yourself inside of a duel. you know like never do what your opponent expects you to. of course that can speak to how you build your deck i guess.

Genma First of all, you've just lumped all HERO Decks into one pile.

I did not lump them all into one pile but i did not mention the Heros that Play The protect the Skill drain game or the gimmicky fusion gate shining stuff

Genma Second, there is a significant difference from Gadgets.

you just said it they get their stuff out and protect it. which im not rly opting to do obviously. but they archetypes traditionally run very similarly

Genma Dead draw

there are almost no cards that i run in this deck that does not run well in either deck except for the monsters and the 4 cards that require gy setup. and if your talking about some late game situation then almost every deck will have plenty of cards that will not win or turn around the game for them no matter what deck especially since the most sought after card for that time is DH

so if your gunna talk about dead draws to me talk about dead draws on the first turn and i have a max of about 4 unless i draw every one of my gadgets or heros.

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:46 am

You know CR, maybe we're all going about this the wrong way. We could probably straighten this out if you lay out what it is you're trying to gain from posting your deck here. Are you looking for alternate tech cards, tweaking card ratios, what? We can't help you until we know what it is you want./

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:22 am

mostly alternate techs

also updated first post to my current build

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:53 am

I think you'd do well to test out 1 or 2 Ultimate Offering, since it's amazing with gadgets and even good with Stratos.

Back to top Go down
barragan2
Beginner
Beginner
barragan2

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:51 am

genma... life stream... duel this deck... it works... o.o

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:44 pm

barragan2 wrote:
genma... life stream... duel this deck... it works... o.o

the fact that it works doesnt mean that its good or consistent. every deck can work with a good hand.
does it beat the current meta?
does it compete with the current semi-meta?
the answer to those questions are the answers to know if the deck is good and competitive.

btw, you know that i just give mere suggestions right? you dont need to tell me how i should think about building a deck.. im pretty sure with the experience i got that i know what im talking about. cuz they are just suggestions, doesnt mean you need to do something with it. it just gives you a possibility to improve your deck in a way that you didnt tought of yourself.

and i doubt that this deck can beat any of my consistent decks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gadget Heros Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadget Heros   Gadget Heros Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gadget Heros

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next