Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newest member.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RyuheiAoi

Posts Posts : 62

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Alright. I am going to start this off by quoting my introduction at the Dueling Genesis Academy, as that is where I am from. Beneath that, I shall add and update anything I need to, to make this current.

RyuheiAoi wrote:
Alright, so... Where shall I begin, hmm? I suppose, since this is a Yu-Gi-Oh! related forum, I shall start with my Yu-Gi-Oh! history.

Basically, I started with the show when it originally came out in the United States. I watched it all through the first season, and then continued until they finished with Seto Kaiba's tournament. I believe it was called Battle City. >.> After that, I fell away from the show, but I had been playing the card game in small, local tournaments (And many, many garage games, here at my house). I placed in one as 15/107 in 5th grade (2001-2002), and I played all the gameboy games from The Eternal Duelist Soul through Dungeon Dice Monsters and... I can't remember the one where you play in the tournament of (I believe) Battle City. After that, I completely fell away from it.

I came back about a year ago to a friend's urging, but I fell away again after that, after buying a premade deck with Synchros (I didn't like the idea of the Synchro system). I came back again, to Dueling Network because of the same friend, and now I learn about XYZ's... So, I basically am trying to find a niche to fit into for getting better at the game, and possibly becoming (online) competitive. I figure this site will help me with that.

In terms of forum experience, I was once an Administrator at AnimeLeague.net, and have been a member off-and-on for over six years, so I doubt I will need any help with the forum (Especially a phpBB Forum, as AnimeLeague was one until March of this year).

Perhaps I should share some information about myself as well. Doesn't seem like a bad idea, since I do hope to get to know each and every one of you over time.

Name: Zack Finley
DOB: August 6, 1991
Location: California, USA (Pacific Time - GMT-08:00, or -07:00 in Daylight Savings)
Primary Email: ZacheriasFinley@gmail[DOT]com
Hotmail (Windows Live Messenger): The.Last.Castle@hotmail[DOT]com
Yahoo Instant Messenger: Kaji_Kuro@yahoo[DOT]com
AOL Instant Messenger: RyuheiSama

I am easiest to contact on Skype, or MSN. I am usually not on both at once. Rarely on AIM or YIM anymore (Recently reformatted my computer, and I have yet to reinstall them). Email is okay to contact me, but if you don't have a subject to identify yourself, it will likely be deleted.

Simply said, in my opinion. Although, I've been back about a month now (A little less, really), but I feel I have greatly improved in comparison to what I was merely a month ago. Prompted by many DGA members (NotSoGallantGallade, VioletSk227, Xanatos, J0hnb0i, and many others who I sincerely thank for keeping me active and updated with this game's ever-changing rules and metagame), I have learned much more than I thought possible, and have become a competent duelist.

When Harper asked for help in improving this forum's activity levels, I felt obligated to provide the same help that I was given to any newcomers who may grace this site with their presence, but live ignorant of DGA. I also feel that I could provide many benefits to this site, as I have tried to do with DGA, and because of that, I felt obligated to myself to do so. I don't think any forum should die due to inactivity, or that a stream of newcomers should ever be found lacking. Why? Simple, I have a vast amount of forum experience myself, and I know the heartache of seeing such forums die.

That said, I am not only here due to obligations. I fully expect to make friends here, as I have at DGA, and people to challenge me to grow stronger in terms of the game's rulings, deck ideas, and more. As long as I feel I can provide a help to other users, and feel that I, too, shall be strengthened by being here, I will remain.

Further, in the interest of being completely transparent, there is something else you should be aware of. I desire a spot as a Moderator. I won't beg for it, I won't even mention it after this point. But, I will be doing my best to prove I am deserving of it, as I have at DGA. I do my best to provide ideas that achieve various things: Initial and Sustained Activity is first and foremost. I have provided various ideas to TheRuler (An Administrator of DGA, for those that do not know) to keep the Black Rose dorm alive, and I have more recently taken a keen interest in the promotion of Shadow Duels. In between, I have also created something that sparked interest for a few days (But seems not to have caught on permanently, I am sad to say) in the form of user-created and maintained "Dueling Hitlists." I keep mine updated, but many other users seem to have abandoned their own. Aside from promoting an environment to create and sustain activity levels, I also feel I am quite adept in forum management (Something I have not, and probably will not, be able to show unless I am given some role as a member who can display management skills, sadly). I was the Community Administrator at AnimeLeague.net for a while, which is a forum of 28,500+ members at present - Events, user concerns, and board management were three of the things I was tasked with.

Now, all that said, who wants to welcome me? xD

Back to top Go down
xanatos
Beginner
Beginner
xanatos

Posts Posts : 5

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 6:52 am

RyuheiAoi wrote:
Alright. I am going to start this off by quoting my introduction at the Dueling Genesis Academy, as that is where I am from. Beneath that, I shall add and update anything I need to, to make this current.

RyuheiAoi wrote:
Alright, so... Where shall I begin, hmm? I suppose, since this is a Yu-Gi-Oh! related forum, I shall start with my Yu-Gi-Oh! history.

Basically, I started with the show when it originally came out in the United States. I watched it all through the first season, and then continued until they finished with Seto Kaiba's tournament. I believe it was called Battle City. >.> After that, I fell away from the show, but I had been playing the card game in small, local tournaments (And many, many garage games, here at my house). I placed in one as 15/107 in 5th grade (2001-2002), and I played all the gameboy games from The Eternal Duelist Soul through Dungeon Dice Monsters and... I can't remember the one where you play in the tournament of (I believe) Battle City. After that, I completely fell away from it.

I came back about a year ago to a friend's urging, but I fell away again after that, after buying a premade deck with Synchros (I didn't like the idea of the Synchro system). I came back again, to Dueling Network because of the same friend, and now I learn about XYZ's... So, I basically am trying to find a niche to fit into for getting better at the game, and possibly becoming (online) competitive. I figure this site will help me with that.

In terms of forum experience, I was once an Administrator at AnimeLeague.net, and have been a member off-and-on for over six years, so I doubt I will need any help with the forum (Especially a phpBB Forum, as AnimeLeague was one until March of this year).

Perhaps I should share some information about myself as well. Doesn't seem like a bad idea, since I do hope to get to know each and every one of you over time.

Name: Zack Finley
DOB: August 6, 1991
Location: California, USA (Pacific Time - GMT-08:00, or -07:00 in Daylight Savings)
Primary Email: ZacheriasFinley@gmail[DOT]com
Hotmail (Windows Live Messenger): The.Last.Castle@hotmail[DOT]com
Yahoo Instant Messenger: Kaji_Kuro@yahoo[DOT]com
AOL Instant Messenger: RyuheiSama

I am easiest to contact on Skype, or MSN. I am usually not on both at once. Rarely on AIM or YIM anymore (Recently reformatted my computer, and I have yet to reinstall them). Email is okay to contact me, but if you don't have a subject to identify yourself, it will likely be deleted.

Simply said, in my opinion. Although, I've been back about a month now (A little less, really), but I feel I have greatly improved in comparison to what I was merely a month ago. Prompted by many DGA members (NotSoGallantGallade, VioletSk227, Xanatos, J0hnb0i, and many others who I sincerely thank for keeping me active and updated with this game's ever-changing rules and metagame), I have learned much more than I thought possible, and have become a competent duelist.

When Harper asked for help in improving this forum's activity levels, I felt obligated to provide the same help that I was given to any newcomers who may grace this site with their presence, but live ignorant of DGA. I also feel that I could provide many benefits to this site, as I have tried to do with DGA, and because of that, I felt obligated to myself to do so. I don't think any forum should die due to inactivity, or that a stream of newcomers should ever be found lacking. Why? Simple, I have a vast amount of forum experience myself, and I know the heartache of seeing such forums die.

That said, I am not only here due to obligations. I fully expect to make friends here, as I have at DGA, and people to challenge me to grow stronger in terms of the game's rulings, deck ideas, and more. As long as I feel I can provide a help to other users, and feel that I, too, shall be strengthened by being here, I will remain.

Further, in the interest of being completely transparent, there is something else you should be aware of. I desire a spot as a Moderator. I won't beg for it, I won't even mention it after this point. But, I will be doing my best to prove I am deserving of it, as I have at DGA. I do my best to provide ideas that achieve various things: Initial and Sustained Activity is first and foremost. I have provided various ideas to TheRuler (An Administrator of DGA, for those that do not know) to keep the Black Rose dorm alive, and I have more recently taken a keen interest in the promotion of Shadow Duels. In between, I have also created something that sparked interest for a few days (But seems not to have caught on permanently, I am sad to say) in the form of user-created and maintained "Dueling Hitlists." I keep mine updated, but many other users seem to have abandoned their own. Aside from promoting an environment to create and sustain activity levels, I also feel I am quite adept in forum management (Something I have not, and probably will not, be able to show unless I am given some role as a member who can display management skills, sadly). I was the Community Administrator at AnimeLeague.net for a while, which is a forum of 28,500+ members at present - Events, user concerns, and board management were three of the things I was tasked with.

Now, all that said, who wants to welcome me? xD

Zzzzzzzz Sleep. . . . . . oh wait its over??? And I was having such a nice dream. . . .

Sup Zack xD I would say welcome to ADA but as I've not been welcomed myself and you posted first it seemed rather awkward. . .

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Posts Posts : 554

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:23 am

glad you decided to join and help out ryu. congrats on mod Cool. make sure to be super active now, y'hear?

Back to top Go down
EliteDuelist
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
EliteDuelist

Posts Posts : 429

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:34 am

congrats on the promotion lol

Back to top Go down
RyuheiAoi

Posts Posts : 62

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks.

And I am super active anyway. xD

Back to top Go down
Kaiza
Article Team
Article Team
Kaiza

Posts Posts : 1008

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 am

damn.............xantos needs a test too D:

anyway, welcome

Back to top Go down
VioletSk227
VioletSk227

Posts Posts : 26

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:53 am

It's always weird to see the newest Intro topic to be from a Mod, but congrats, and enjoy your time on the site. I feel that we can make this place a strong, thriving environment if we stay active and keep up the support.

Woo!

Back to top Go down
http://tdga.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

Newest member. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest member.   Newest member. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newest member.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1