Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Stun

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Posts Posts : 554

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Rock Stun (37)
       Monsters: (15)
Koa'ki Meiru Guardian x3
Koa'ki Meiru Sandman x3
Koa'ki Meiru Wall x3
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo x2
Legendary Jujitsu Master x2
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Morphing Jar
       Spells: (11)
Monster Reborn
Dark Hole
Book Of Moon
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Pot Of Duality x3
Solidarity x3
       Traps: (11)
Mirror Force
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgement
Solemn Warning x2
Royal Oppression
Dimensional Prison x2
Seven Tools Of The Bandit
       Other Possible Cards:
Gigantes
Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
Legendary Jujitsu Master
Mormolith
Rockstone Warrior
Koa'ki Meiru Boulder
Gaia Plate The Earth Giant
Smashing Ground
Giant Trunade
Seven Tools Of The Bandit
Call Of The Haunted

I believe this deck has mega potential. With KM Wall now released, I can stop spells, traps, AND effects. And they all have 1900 atk...anti-meta anyone? Also if I keep the monster lineup pure rock, I can use Solidarity to boost them to a whopping 2700 atk. I want to use Solidarity bc it lets me run over gk, even Fossil Dyna becomes equal to them with Necrovalley up. And it STACKS too so if I have 2 Solodarity they go up to 3500 o_O. That's more than Shooting Star Dragon. Anyway, you may notice I'm missing 3 cards. I'd like for those cards to be monsters or at least 2 of them to be monsters, but I'm indecisive. 3 Jujitsu I think is too much, 3 Dyna may be too. Gaia Plate is awesome but there's Oppression and Fossil so it'll be dea a lot probably. Gigantes would be cool I'm just not totally sold bc I have a huge backrow myself. Rockstone seems okay for a beater but really random. And finally Boulder maybe for a searcher but...does anti-meta really need a searcher? Anyway, please give your opinions on what I should add to make it 40, and tell me if you think I should change things around or if i forgot an important rock support card or something

Back to top Go down
Yusei
Beginner
Beginner
Yusei

Posts Posts : 406

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:00 pm

really nice deck =)

Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 am

i personally dont like solidarity in stun deck

Back to top Go down
Snakedoc(Lord)
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
Snakedoc(Lord)

Posts Posts : 3095

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:24 am

Solidarity gives them a boost,and its a nice deck

Back to top Go down
https://lsacademy.forumotion.com
Dark Atomic Trishula
Beginner
Beginner
Dark Atomic Trishula

Posts Posts : 47

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:30 am

KingOfDraw wrote:
i personally dont like solidarity in stun deck

i think that KoD meant that alot of stun monsters arent rock, like effect veiler and thunder king as example. those makes solidarity useless in that deck, but u still got more stun elements. but if the deck is running great u dont need them tough Razz

the deck looks really good, and i think many decks will fall against it.

Back to top Go down
teise
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
teise

Posts Posts : 670

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:30 pm

i personally play without soli and play 3 thunder king in it and smashing ground like it
but soli can be very aggresive and over run ^^ dunno
and you could try out 1 gaia plat e with soli an uber beater
or big rock golem an rock cyber dragon kinda

Back to top Go down
sky red hunter
Beginner
Beginner
sky red hunter

Posts Posts : 11

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:38 pm

you could always try guardian sphinx, works with the rock theme, would benefit from the solidarity. imagine giant trunade, followed by flippin sphinx before activating soli! thats a nice 2500 direct damage on its own and another 2700 if you summon any of your koa'ki monsters, with the option of flipping face down again, protected from anything that requires targets face up and has a great chance of surviving the next attack!

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:28 pm

There are 3 ways I'm considering running this deck: how I am now, with pure rocks and Solidarity, replacing solidarity for 3 D-Fissure, and replace some other stuff for 2 Release From Stone and maybe a Macro too. I would probably run TKRs in that build too. The 3rd way is going teise's way an doing more standard stun with TKR and Smashing instead of Solidarity. Now I think all would work pretty good tbh, I will probably use all 3 at some point. I like the Solidarity bc it forces me to run more rocks so I can always have one to reveal, and it gives them a huge boost that makes them hard to run over even for synchros. Plus not many people expect Solidarity. For now though I want to finish this build. I'm missing 3 cards (I only have 37) and I'd like 2 or all 3 to be rock monsters. I just can't decide what those rocks should be though. That's where you guys come in. Guardian Sphinx is interesting but I don't generate much tribute fodder and it seems random tbh. Thanks for the compliments on the deck too

Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 1:38 am

gigantes maybe? or put that in the side :S

or maybe try that running rock idk the name :S

Back to top Go down
Masquarade
Beginner
Beginner
Masquarade

Posts Posts : 817

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 9:44 am

might i recomend these cards...

Big piece golem
dummy golem
km boulder
the rock monarch

Back to top Go down
sky red hunter
Beginner
Beginner
sky red hunter

Posts Posts : 11

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 pm

you could run gigantes with 'the rock spirit", both require putting out of play a rock monster to special summon, these can provide quick fodder for guardian sphinx, bolster your numbers or just boost a megarock dragon maybe? and if you go that route once you'v enough monsers outta play you could side in some lost guardian for huge damage if attacked!

Back to top Go down
Hallowe
Beginner
Beginner
Hallowe

Posts Posts : 92

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:24 pm

you dont really need to run solid theres a kalut for earth monsters its called
Gem Merchant boost atk during damage step by 1000atk so it would be a whooping
2900atk during the battle phase so i think that would be a good card to consider
only downside he is a spellcaster

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 12:15 am

Well I looke up the kalut card and it only works for normal monsters. So far with this deck I'm running thunder jigs and replacing solids with smashings. Seems to be working well, but it sucks vs monarchs when they e con a km to kill it bc they don't pay the maintanance cost

Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
LegendaryFrost

Posts Posts : 225

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:53 am

In mine I run 2 smashings and 2 solidarity. I also don't main seven tools or juijitsu master, but that's just me. Also I suggest the rock monarch as one of the main cards, since u may need a strong monster that stops flip effects. As for vs monarchs, I stopped it completely by having face-up dyna, and a boatload of traps. When goin against the monarchs best ot just stall till u get dyna, and some support, then that's it. Lastly I think you should use trunade, just in case you ever need to special summon a monster, while oppression is on the field or you need to keep your rocks on the field to go for game..

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:28 am

Yeah but I was kinda unlucky for the most part even when I drew dynas. One time hen I was dueling blaze he suicided Undine against him. I killed Undine, drew another Dyna, he summoned another Undine and suicided it ._. Usually though monarchs aren't much of a problem. Granmarg...nah. The deck doesn't generate much tribute odder, nor would you want to tribute the km except for their effects. Seven tools is great in stun, I'm thinking of dropping 1 smashing for a 2nd tool even

Back to top Go down
LegendaryFrost
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
LegendaryFrost

Posts Posts : 225

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 3:49 am

I only run 1 monarch(which I barely ever draw), and I run 2 Bribes instead of Seven Tools(personal preference). Also I use km boulder instead of juijitsu master, but mine isn't perfected yet so it needs some work still.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:45 am

I would not use bribe, minusing yourself when you don't have to is not a good idea. Just being honest Razz. Btw Trunade is being considered, but all my stun decks run fine without it so far. Boulder I'm also considering, but probably only for the solid build

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

Posts Posts : 2160

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Ive tried a different version with Crusader and urnight but that wasnt pure anti meta. Then i remembered this deck you made harper. The idea is great and the deck HAS much potential
Ive added 1 gigantes and 1 jujitsu master, also i run 2 smashings and 1 more seven tools (although ive removed 1 solidarity)
Ive been using rai-oh before and rai-oh oppresses the opponent very very much and its the best option in an anti meta deck. Although if you really need solidarity then you can't use both. Either 1 tacic with pure rock anti meta, or the other with half rock anti meta which includes rai oh x3, wanghu x2 instead of jujitsu master (remove all) and instead of 1 KM wall (because spells are not so important as traps, of course there are many searcher spells such as duality, rota, E call etc. and deadly spells like dark hole, smashing ground etc.) You can even add 1 more wanghu instead of gigantes. If you go this way, then you remove 2 solidarity for 2 other beating spells/traps (mabye 1 more smashing and prison)
You should try the other way too, maybe its better

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:30 pm

I still have a version with Solidarity, but I've found I like this version better:
Rock Stun (40)
       Monsters: (18)
3x Koa'ki Meiru Guardian
3x Koa'ki Meiru Wall
3x Koa'ki Meiru Sandman
2x Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
2x Legendary Jujitsu Master
1x Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1x Morphing Jar
3x King Tiger Wanghu
       Spells: (11)
1x Monster Reborn
1x Dark Hole
1x Book Of Moon
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Pot Of Duality
3x Burden Of The Mighty
       Traps: (11)
1x Mirror Force
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Solemn Judgement
2x Solemn Warning
3x Dimensional Prison
1x Royal Oppression
2x Seven Tools Of The Bandit
       Extra: (15)
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Colossal Fighter
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Naturia Landoise
1x Scrap Archfiend
1x Brionac, Dragon Of The Ice Barrier
1x Naturia Barkion
1x Ally Of Justice Catastor
1x Naturia Beast
1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2x No. 39 - Aspiring Emperor: Hope
2x Steelswarm Roach

Thunder King is simply one of my favorite cards, and I someties switch between the Wanghus + Burden and tkr and smashings. I can see your wisdom in maybe doing both however Jujitsu has been both good and bad, I'm not sure what to do as far as he goes.

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Here's a more detailed answer:

The main reason I used Solidarity was for an edge against other stun-based decks like GK. However, I've found that in stun vs stun I win quite often, and if I don't win I don't really care that much. If I lost to GK it's probably because that player was good at GK and he out-dueled me or I was slightly less lucky than usual. I can deal with that. What I hate is losing to someone who sacks like hell with plants or samurai or whatever. I can't do **** against that. Especially Trunade. I've grown to hate that card. But with Burden+Wanghu, or even just Wanghu sometimes, many meta decks are done. Sorry, no Kagemusha or Kageki or Dandy or Glow Up or whatever. And actually I disagree about Sandman being better than Wall. The reason is this: would you rather negate a D-Prison (basically sending your card to the grave instead of removing) or negate Reborn? There's actually quite a bit less that Sandman can negate since he can't negate counter traps and I have Seven Tools and Judgment. For spells...I have Judgment. That's all. More than that, spells are generally more broken (Reborn Hole Trunade Mind Control we could go on). Trunade especially. I'll have the perfect answer to anything in my backrow but then nope i still lose bc of Trunade. So yeah, Wall is better, if I could I would probably run 6 Wall instead of Sandman. Not that Sandman doesn't have uses though, negating Mirror and Torrential is especially fun.
For removing Jujitsu, like I said, I'm not sure. Sometimes Juju isn't very helpful to topdeck, but he's just so good against Tengu and synchros and xyz and everything really. TKR in general IS better...but Juju's a rock to reveal in case I get a bad hand. Gigantes I avoid using bc I generally have a bigger backrow than the opponent. I may side but definately not main

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

Posts Posts : 2160

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Now that u mention about wall vs sandman. I agree now, wall is really better because when i dueled against shit decks like doppel plants where they only need 1 card to work and then all things go fluently. Well, negating ROTA, POA, Reborn, dark hole or other shit cards with wall is deadly for the opponent and fun for me because he can't get anything from a situation when he depends on those cards (because of his hand or similar)
I see youve replaced solidarity with burden and thats definitely a good idea. And running wanghu is a must against shit low atk decks. ( i say always shit because they ARE annoying with the same field swarm always, its either plants or frogs...im sick of it, i just wait until they get restricted.)
Gigantes x1 can be a good card for a game when you need more than only 1900 damage. And it needs to be destroyed by battle what is really hard for your opponent if you have a 3 cards or more backrow where you always have a warning,dprison or BTH. Ive used the monster and it helps really. I will see in further games if i really need it.

The Koa'ki meirus have a future and MANY variants
ill announce when i try other stuff Smile

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 11:24 pm

Yep they really are rather good. I tried them out some more and they've been good to me. One time I almost lost but that's just bc I summoned Wall instead of Guardian first turn on accident. Effects are far more likely to happen than spells turn 1, so I got Gale'd. Still won though Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rock Stun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Stun   Rock Stun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Stun

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1