Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

got a problem need advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aquadolphin
Beginner
Beginner
aquadolphin

Posts Posts : 122

got a problem need advice  Empty
PostSubject: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 am

hi eveyone im messed up i ve tryed loads of decks but nothing suits me can any give me advice plz for a rookie slifer.

ive used (ancient gear,blue eyes, cyber girls,dinosaur,dragon,final countdown deck, gradius, harpie,insect, ice barrier, red eyes, warrior water deck, water dragon, decks and none off them suited me i dont now what to do.

Back to top Go down
EliteDuelist
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
EliteDuelist

Posts Posts : 429

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:09 am

try Elemental hero

Back to top Go down
aquadolphin
Beginner
Beginner
aquadolphin

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:11 am

i tryed it

Back to top Go down
EliteDuelist
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
EliteDuelist

Posts Posts : 429

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 am

chaos decks

Back to top Go down
aquadolphin
Beginner
Beginner
aquadolphin

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:20 am

i ant tried that yet

Back to top Go down
Kaiza
Article Team
Article Team
Kaiza

Posts Posts : 1008

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 am

well, maybe you should say what your play style is

I prefer decks that can maintain both a field presence and hand advantage. Its why in real, chaos fairy and machina gadgets work well for me, as both can do it (chaos fairy generate field presence through dark resonator and nova summoner, and hand advantage through a recycling system: chaos scorceror, dimensional alchemist and cards from the sky)( machina gadget, well, my own, has about 11 searchers, 9 of which search when summoned, maintaining hand and field advantage), and its also why stun decks are the worst in my hands (stun decks uses your resources to stop your opponent, who may have more than 1 play at his disposal. I use my resources up quickly, which is why I always need to be able to get more, and with stun decks, that doesn't happen)

say how you like to play, and maybe we can help

Back to top Go down
Norton-Security
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Norton-Security

Posts Posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Well, let's say try to learn Blackwings, thats the most cool deck to use at starting level.

Back to top Go down
death-coder
Beginner
Beginner
death-coder

Posts Posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:51 pm

bw suck ._.

try mist valleys

Back to top Go down
http://hackrules.com/
Norton-Security
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Norton-Security

Posts Posts : 676

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:05 pm

death-coder wrote:
bw suck ._.

try mist valleys

Mist valleys suck more than BWs
-_-

Back to top Go down
Dragon D. DarkNess
Beginner
Beginner
Dragon D. DarkNess

Posts Posts : 2989

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Mist Valley & BW suck hard.

Try Stuns.

There are loads of variants of this deck..

Try E-Hero Stun, it's better. ;D

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Posts Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:39 pm

You need to try more competitive decks. The ones you mentioned are...um...not very good. Try Formula Monarchs or X-sabers, they are both highly competitive and easy to use. But like Kaiza said, it depends on your playstyle. If you like making huge aggressive plays, use Sabers or Formula Monarchs. If you like controlling the opponent with advantage and ruining their plays, try some form of stun (Light Hero Beat, Chaos Stun, Gadgets)

Back to top Go down
aquadolphin
Beginner
Beginner
aquadolphin

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:22 pm

thanks everyone ill think ill try monarches im more a aggresive play

Back to top Go down
death-coder
Beginner
Beginner
death-coder

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:22 pm

lol seriously mist valleys suck ? thats why i am streaking godlike with them vs all gay decks u can use like bws

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Aquadolphin:Cool, make sure to post your decklist here so we can help you perfect it Smile

Back to top Go down
Kaiza
Article Team
Article Team
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:27 am

well, I get along fine with non competitive decks, chaos fairy and chaos junk, and have done somewhat well so far (before march 2011 ban list)

Nonetheless,whatever you choose to use, after you find a playstyle you like, find a type or archetype you like and build a deck that works for it. I liked fairies all the time I played this game, and I knew it wasn't the most competitive deck in existence, but I still used it and kept at it until it could hold its own against powerful decks. (in fact, its going to suck when people start to flock to agent decks and boast about how their deck is great when they most likely copied it from someone else without even giving any thought to designing it themselves, but, I already know the only way agent decks will do well is not to side deck for certain decks, but to side deck for the counters one would use against it)

Quote :
Mist Valley & BW suck hard.

I second this. herald of orange light on a topdecked dark armed dragon Very Happy

Back to top Go down
death-coder
Beginner
Beginner
death-coder

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 am

lolz u ppl have no taste for original decks that work XD
only for lame overused and abused decks ...

Back to top Go down
Kaiza
Article Team
Article Team
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 am

I meant I second the saying: blackwing decks suck

as for original, I like original decks once they work, even if its only on the semi competitive lv

just wasn't a big fan of mist valleys to start

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 am

Idk anything about Mist Valleys, so who knows. They could work or they could suck. And Kaiza, that's not much of an arguement...DAD would have still gave you a -1 if you used Herald so he serve his purpose. Bw should have some other kind of plan besides just DAD. Yes original decks can be competitive. So can competitive decks, and for someone who's starting for the first time on the competitive scene, it's better tos start w/something mor standard and tried and true (IMHO)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: got a problem need advice    got a problem need advice  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

got a problem need advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1