Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

questions...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Posts Posts : 447

questions... Empty
PostSubject: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:43 pm

i have been wondering why the ada dorms and rating system in here got changed.

i personally dont like the new rank up system, though its less *tester-dependant*. that means that ranking-up is in your own power by gaining exp. i really liked ada a lot more back in the days when dorms were there. personally i always tried to get to obelisk blue in each and every academy and with succes. people who did not get obelisk blue were almost always aiming to adventually gain that title. this motivation sure make people improve a lot faster then all other methods in my opinion.

another thing i have been wondering is, why arent people gaining exp from winning in survivals and deck rentals? i mean, its not my survival or deck rental, but i still did participate on it. i might be asking this because im too lazy to get experience by challenging people and posting the win/lose on my own. but i still won an official duel of ada, so i might atleast get some special credits for it right?

anyway, these are my questions for now and i was wondering how you guys think about this.

Last edited by Life Stream Dragon on Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Posts Posts : 623

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm

I agree wit u meng, but the thing is, we have lack of testers...

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm

bump... the inactivity is strong at this one...

Back to top Go down
iNubz
Beginner
Beginner
iNubz

Posts Posts : 843

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:41 pm

well personally i totally agree that we should get the dorms back but agnes made it pretty clear about the problem with the lack of testers so i think we should have the active good players as testers like blossoms, kookid, u and some other people.
(notice how i left myself out...modest rnt i Razz)

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

Posts Posts : 346

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:02 pm

About dorms and testers: I think we need something similar to dorms OR change the exp system.
How many times I must take survivals, rentals and participating in tournaments for just one damn rising?!
An important question that should be put here is: Do we still use DN as official online YGO platform on ADA?!. I've played on DN for couple of years and practically ever 3-4 days, I was forced to change my deck because the shuffler trolled me. Also the DN administration lacks skill in charge, clearly with no experience in administration.
YGO Dawn of the New Era has twice more advantages:
It's fully automatized, the time spent in a duel is significantly shorter, you don't must browse wikia for rullings and argue with your opponent on the certain cards effect etc. Due to the inexstince of a ranking system here you play for fun, not for increasing numbers near your name.

Back to top Go down
http://crayacademy.freeforums.tv/forum
iNubz
Beginner
Beginner
iNubz

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:13 pm

yeh i like YGOPro too but tbf when i downloaded it it was only for the tag duel and anime cards XD but there are some ruling problems on YGOPro and also it doesnt have all the cards and is a bit late on the OCG/TCG list...

btw nice signature tweed :3

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:42 am

so all we need is a decent amount of active players, some testers, and permission of snake to bring back the dorms?

idk why but i cant download ygopro on my windows 8 -.- so thats out of the question for me.

Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am

someone is stealing my siggy =0 wtf

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:24 pm

How about KCVDS?!. Before the appeareance of DN, there were practically no updates, so excuse me but then weren't any problems. There is one academy which use YGO Pro Dawn of the New Era and guess what: they're activity is a lot higher than all academies which use DN DN TOGETHER. If you'd like I would give you the link but then I'll broke the rules of ADA.
As for permission and all of that stuff...weren't Ageha and alice_k running this academy.

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:40 pm

ageha told me that she will bring back dorms after she got permission of snake... idk how the things really are running in here but in my opinion this will always be snakes academy

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:44 am

Well, good luck with that...crocodile and snake are practically cut out from this academy so, practically, waiting for changes is hopeless.

Back to top Go down
blossomswilt
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
blossomswilt

Posts Posts : 412

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:34 am

Well I really don`t enjoy the idea of dorms... This site levels its people by how hard they work by ranking up with xp that they gain from games and events. With dorms, its one duel that decides it all until you decide for another duel.
Every academy has dorms, so bringing them back will take away the originality that I like with ADA.
Bringing back dorms will make ADA like any other academy, and people won`t strive as much to be on top.
So I really don`t think we should bring back dorms...

Back to top Go down
iNubz
Beginner
Beginner
iNubz

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 7:16 pm

ok there must be a middle ground here.... how about a dorm system but instead of being tested to get to a better dorm u gain experience to get to the next dorm. how bout that? o:
personally i dont think thats gonna work so well but its a middle ground and maybe it can settle this argument between blossomswilt and the rest of the academy quicker Razz

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Excuse me but a duelist with 4 years experience in dueling online vs a newbie who barely can pull off something put in the beginner dorm it's at least abnormal...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

questions... Empty
PostSubject: Re: questions...   questions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

questions...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advanced duel academy :: The Academy :: YGO Questions-