Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Horn Sabers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Posts Posts : 222

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:04 pm

A new format, a new game, and this is my latest fun deck to take a crack at things.

Horn Sabers 3UFiD

Horn Sabers function more like a Stun Deck than regular X-Sabers. This kind lets you conserve hand presence and avoid over-extension. Garsem is a sweet card, giving you the same search as Darksoul if they kill it by effect (and it's mandatory, so it can't miss timing). Gardestrike is also good for when your monsters get blown up. In fact, you can summon Garsem, TT, get Gardestrike, and then drop it. Also, At One With The Sword gets to be extra copies of Horn. Finally, Airbellum shines at 3, raping hand or being a 2400 that nets me cards. Heavy Storm is for when I need a come back, and Saber Slash is a random tech test.

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Posts Posts : 623

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Ur deck seems pretty interesting, but why don't u add fault roll or at least saber call, those cards r broke

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Koolkid wrote:
Ur deck seems pretty interesting, but why don't u add fault roll or at least saber call, those cards r broke

I tried Faultroll in an earlier version of the deck, he isn't consistent in this deck because it rarely has multiple monsters out at once (the games I had him I had a hard time drawing any at all). As for Emergency Call, I may yet test that.

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:33 pm

Tech in mind control against that slasher, mind goes well wit airbellem, steel a monster n ark direct, discarding randomly them in mp2 synch, pretty cool
Also tech in dat xyz rank3, he's name is kinda soul of smithing, anyway he has a great eff n all ur monstr r earth,.

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Koolkid wrote:
Tech in mind control against that slasher, mind goes well wit airbellem, steel a monster n ark direct, discarding randomly them in mp2 synch, pretty cool
Also tech in dat xyz rank3, he's name is kinda soul of smithing, anyway he has a great eff n all ur monstr r earth,.

I've taken out Slash for Emergency Call, Mind Control is sided.

And you're asking about M-X-Saber Invoker? Problem there is the monster comes out in defence, and the only thing it can seatch is Boggart. If it could fetch Garsem I would (search, it goes boom, I get another search).

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 pm

No lol, not the invoker, it's soul of silvermountain

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:08 am

Ah... now THAT is something I can use

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:11 am

Glad I helped lol, hmm was thinking of grandsoil since u can manipulate the grave using saber call

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 1:36 am

Koolkid wrote:
Glad I helped lol, hmm was thinking of grandsoil since u can manipulate the grave using saber call

Grandsoil eh? It's possible, but what do I take out for him?

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:08 am

Maybe slasher or mirror/prison but that's if u want lol

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:26 am

I took slash out for emergency call

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:35 am

U know what, I think now ur deck is perfect, no need for grandsoil as it will interrupt the consistency of ur deck.
Test the deck n tell us how it goes

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Posts Posts : 447

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm

skill drain.... i had the same deck last format, but deleted it since it couldnt match up with the meta's speed. last format skill drain was the biggest enemy for the meta. and i ended up using skill drain as well in this deck. ofc it stops your effects, but it will hurt you opponent alot more then it hurts you. besides you still got those horns and swords.

my deck used to be called, One with the Horn, with 9 monsters, 10 spells and 21 traps.

a card i always tech in control decks is morphing jar.

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Life Stream Dragon wrote:
skill drain.... i had the same deck last format, but deleted it since it couldnt match up with the meta's speed. last format skill drain was the biggest enemy for the meta. and i ended up using skill drain as well in this deck. ofc it stops your effects, but it will hurt you opponent alot more then it hurts you. besides you still got those horns and swords.

my deck used to be called, One with the Horn, with 9 monsters, 10 spells and 21 traps.

a card i always tech in control decks is morphing jar.

I could try Skill Drain, but I don't know about dropping to 9 monsters. Maybe if X-Sabers had their own RotA< but at times it's hard enough drawing a monster with 13.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horn Sabers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horn Sabers   Horn Sabers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Horn Sabers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advanced duel academy :: The Academy :: Decks-