Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WWS
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 4

Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions! Empty
PostSubject: Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!   Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:14 pm

[size=7][size=9]My cousin recently got me back into the game when he started to bash my spellcasters and say he could wipe the floor with his 2 Master Hyperion decks with Solemn Judgements and Solemn Warnings. So I dusted off the ole deck box and modernized it and iI found that my combination works really well in competitive play against other duelists. But I've got 44 cards and when it comes down to it in competitive play I sometimes get stuck with monsters that need tributes and then I have to work really hard to maintain field presence. However I've been able to bypass 2 tribute monsters like Ice Queen and Endymion with the Magical Dimension cards. But I still want to be able to cut my deck down to 40 cards and maybe switch out some spellcasters or other cards for new ones. So please comment and add suggestions it'd be really helpful on the tournament circuit and when I feel like doing a total smack down on my cousin's Agent Deck. Please rate my Spellcaster Yugioh deck from 1-10 thanks guys!

Monsters (17):

Breaker the Magical Warrior x 2
Crystal Seer x 1
Defender the Magical Knight x 2
Magical Marionette x 1
Crusader of Endymion x 2
Magical Exemplar x 1
Dark Red Enchanter x 1
Ice Queen x 1
Effect Veiler x 1
Arcanite Magician/ Assualt Mode x 1
Fortune Lady Earth x 1
Endymion the Master Magician x 1
Malefic Cyber End Dragon x 1
Arcane Apprentice x 1

Spells (18)

Mystical Space Typhoon x 2
Swords of Revealing Light x 1
Secret Village of the Spellcasters x 1
Reload x 1
Malevolent Nuzzler x 2
Mage Power x 1
Book of Moon x 1
Magical Dimension x 3
Magical Citadel of Endymion x 1
Pot of Avarice x 1
Soul Exchange x 1
Terraforming x 1
Tribute to the Doomed x 1
Monster Reborn x 1

Traps (9)

Magical Cylinder x 1
Mirror Force x 1
Dimension Wall x 2
Pitch Black Power Stone x 2
Curse of Royal x 2
Assualt Mode Activate x 1

Side Deck (4)

Arcanite Magician x 1
Tempest Magician x 1
Explosive Magician x 1
Cyber End Dragon x 1

Last edited by WWS on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Font seemed to small lol.)
Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Posts Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!   Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:40 am

i'll just be honest...this isn't competitive :/. it's not going to beat agents unless his agents are badly made. your deck just has too much stuff going on at once, and even then they're not particularly strong strategies...what other cards do you have? maybe knowing that will help decide what deck you should use.

Back to top Go down
WWS
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!   Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Yeah I know its got too much going on. Besides risking having a hand of high level monsters and no level 4 or lower monsters the deck plays pretty well. I've been able to beat my cousins deck a lot and its the standard build with Archlord Kristyas, Pot of Duality etc. As well as beating other people with better decks. I thought a lot about what you said so I decided to focus on a spell counter deck with a spell lockdown with Secret Village. I got rid of my Citadel, Ice Queen and Malefic Cyber End Dragon to cut it down to 41. I'm thinking of removing Assault Mode Activate and my Arcane Apprentice since that combo is a bit situational. I've got a lot of other Spellcasters such as the Dark Magician/Girl Old Vindictive Magicians, Skilled Dark/White Magician, Magical Hats, and the Exodia cards ( 5 pieces + Exodius) and all the other cards provided in the spellcaster theme deck. I'll look into it more and take your advice. Thank you Harper7000!

Back to top Go down
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Posts Posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!   Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:28 pm

Ok, I may be able to help you with Spellcaster lockdown. It's a decent strategy I suppose. I was planning on playing with the idea anyway so I'll let you know when I test them. I think it may be wise to use a more competitive deck for Dueling Network though since...well...you can have whatever cards you want lol. Then you can decide if you want to spend money on it in real life. Do you have any idea what kind of playstyle you have? Like how do you like to win the duel? Are you really aggressive, or really controlling, or something else?

Back to top Go down
WWS
Beginner
Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!   Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 5:50 pm

I had some of my friends play me and then saw what I mostly went for. I usually build up spell counters to attach to my more powerful cards like magical marionette and dark red enchanter through my Crusaders and Power Stone as well as multiple spell cards. That allows me to destroy monsters and people's hands if they searched for a card in their deck. Then usually to the end of the match I go on a full out assault with my synchros Arcanite Magician and Tempest Magician. After the assault I use my Arcanite to wipe the field (depending on which one is out) then have Tempest use her burn effect for a finisher if possible. Recently I've been able to win with a full 16 spellcounter Tempest Magician burn effect which was awesome. I am an aggressive player but I like to make sure I have a lot of insurance with my other cards so I don't make careless mistakes. I also do not like to waste cards or have them sitting in my hand. So I'll either use them or just discard for Tempest fodder or Tribute to the doomed or Endymions effect with useless spell cards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!   Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spellcaster Deck Recipe- please comment and add suggestions!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advanced duel academy :: The Academy :: Decks-