Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A guide to mist valleys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
death-coder
Beginner
Beginner
death-coder

Posts Posts : 689

A guide to mist valleys Empty
PostSubject: A guide to mist valleys   A guide to mist valleys Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:44 pm

MIST VALLEYS

Well what can we say about this deck. Mist valleys are probably some of the must underestimated monsters in the game ( note : i said some and not all because not all of them are good enough ) ...
A mist valley deck is not like most meta where all you have to do is to get a monster in hand and u hit the jackpot. No, this deck is a deck which focuses around stunning the opponent with a variety of spell cards which themselves need a certain monster line-up to work their way around victory. Now you will probably be thinking : * why use a deck which needs a lot of line-up to work itself rather than using some old netdecked cheapo which can top in tourneys * . Well ma friend there are different reasons. Because of its s/t line-up mist valleys can be way better than meta decks with the right playstyle. Second, its a deck that needs a lot of thinking while playing so you will probably get fit by consuming calories while thinking :O ... Aside jokes, lets give a general lookup to the RIGHT cards to use in a stun mist valley deck ...

1~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-MistValleyFalconHA02-EN-SR-1E

MIST VALLEY FALCON :
The heart of the deck itself. Only reading that effect makes me think of who knows how many ways to abuse of it. Now you will probably be thinking on how to abuse of this card. Its effect requires him to return a card you control to your hand before you attack a monster. Now, most people would think : *this is a waste, it decreases my field advantage only for an attack ... thats not worth the try* .... WRONG. beside being a 2000 atk pro monster, by returning the right cards yo hand you can clearly gain some sort of field advantage ... later on i will spoil some of the cards you WILL need to return ... for now all you need to know is to run this monster at 3

2~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-MistValleyThunderLordHA02-EN-ScR-1E

MIST VALLEY THUNDER LORD :
Clearly our MAIN synchro in the deck ... If you read this card's effect more carefully you will notice that it is more overpowered than it looks. Now this is the maximized size of Falcon for different reasons.
1: It has way more attack power and with its effect it can go yo 3100 attack power
2: Its effect can be activated in any phase of the turn you want ( including your opponents turn ) so if your opponent will attack this dude with a blue-eyes you can return a card to hand to screw him
3: as stated above, the return of cards can be VERY useful. If you have a fd useful bleff for ex ( dark hole / monster reborn ), your opponent activates mst, you chain with thunder lord eff and u save your card, making that mst a waste .
-This card clearly works as falcon but just like him it needs to return certain cards to use the effect at its maximum.
i suggest using him at 2 in the extra deck

3~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-PsychicCommanderTDGS-EN-C-1E

PSYCHIC COMMANDER :
Probably the main tuner in the deck. I am sure everybody knows what he does and how to make him work so there will be no need to explain detail situations his effect can be applied. I will only suggest using him at 2 in the deck

4~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-Gravekeeper%27sSpyCP03-EN-SR-UE

GRAVEKEEPER'S SPY :
Some may wonder : * why is this card here ? *. The answer is simple. Because of psychic commander. Psychic can be used in 2 different synchro situations in the deck.
1: Synchro with falcon to use thunder lord
2: Synchro with gk's spy to get arcanite.
Spy's effect is clear on how it works and there is no need to explain neither. I would suggest to use it at 2 in the deck, if you wanna use it at 3 run descendant too.

5~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-MarshmallonDPYG-EN-R-1E

MARSHMALLON :
Now we put here many monster you would not put but WHY him and not spirit reaper ? . It is simple, for da lulz ... I run him as my PERSONAL tech, so you can decide either him or spirit reaper. I run reaper at 1 in my side. The reason i like marshmallon is not only because he has a nice taste is also because, unlike reaper he cannot be destroyed when he is targeted so opponent has a harder time taking him out. Meanwhile i am stalling and gaining hand advantage.

6~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-Blackwing-GaletheWhirlwindCRMS-EN-R-1E

GALE :
Now, gale is a very pro card is a lot of situations which i am going to list here.
1: He is way superior if your opponent has a shi-en or stardust on field
2: He can be synced with the spy to make out an arcanite
3: He can be synced with falcon to make thunder lord
4: He is good if you decide to run a blackwing calley version ( which is a fail imo )
And the reasons go on and on. Run him at 1 ... not only because you must, but because he is limited too haha ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ONTO THE SPELLS

1~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-PotofDualityDREV-EN-ScR-1E

POT OF DUALITY :
Now this deck is not that type which special summons each turn so this card is MUST do be a quick searcher for falcon or e-tele. I suggest running it at 3

2~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-GoldSarcophagusSJCS-EN-UR-LE

GOLD SARCOPHAGUS :
Now this card may seem useless to a LOT of players but this deck KINDA needs it at 1. I suggest to search with it for emergency teleport ( e-tele) or falcon.

3~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-EmergencyTeleportTDGS-EN-UR-1E

EMERGENCY TELEPORT :
Probably the nr2 key card of the deck, Why ? Simple, because it has a cheap and free access on a psychic commander on field. Since its limited run it at 1

4~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-BigBangShotSDDE-EN-C-1E

BIG BANG SHOT :
This is one of the key spells you NEED to return to your hand with falcon or thunder lord. How ? well lets say your opponent has a face up stardust dragon on field. You have in hand a dark hole but its useless at the moment. NP, all you have to do is play BBS and equip it with the opponents stardust and attack with flacon. Falcon effect turns BBS to hand and stardust goes to rfg inflicting a 2000 direct dmg to your opponent. You can use this strategy with giant trunade of thunder lord too for cheap 3100 attack.

5~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-SwordsofRevealingLightDPYG-EN-C-1E

SWORDS OF REVEALING LIGHT :
This is probably the most funny and annoying part of the game. Imagine abusing so much of thunder lords effect to recycle swords of revealing light EVERY turn. Your opponent would freak up haha. This abuse cycle can also be used with gale or breaker for infinite effect usage. As for swords, all you need to have on field is falcon/thunder lord, swords and a stardust ( for protection ) and freak your opponent.

6~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-FiendishChainABPF-EN-SR-1E

FIENDISH CHAIN :
VERY VERY pro card in sooooo many ways. Lets give examples. Your opponent plays a BRD to nuke. You activate chain to block brd and make it to not attack. Same can be done with gale, breaker, doomcaliber, thunder king, stardust, scrap dragon, trishula, mist wurm, fish decks, scrap decks, brionac and the list can go sooo far haha. I run it at 3 in the deck. And best thing is that you can recycle it and use it with different monsters later on.

7~
A guide to mist valleys 300px-Tuner%27sSchemeABPF-EN-SR-1E

TUNER'S SCHEME :
This card can be very very good too. With all these light beat running gale, today decks are passing more and more to synchros so imagine this card in your first turn. Your opponent can probably for for stardust. You take control of it and bam. Recycle with falcony and stardust will still be yours. So it is like a cheap infinite brain control for synchros. So many ways to abuse of it. I suggest running it at 1 only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that was a general overview of the BASIC cards that this deck can use ... Now onto the moment u been waiting for. My decklist XD ...

monsters : (18)

3x mist valley falcon
1x marshamllon
2x psychic commander
1x krebons
2x gravekeeper's spy
1x gravekeeper's guard
1x gale
1x thunder king rai-oh
1x caius
1x effect veiler
2x breaker the magical warrior
1x gorz
1x sangan

spells : (11)

3x pod of duality
1x gold sarcophagus
1x emergency teleport
1x big bang shot
1x giant trunade
1x mystical space typhoon
1x allure of darkness
1x dark hole
1x monster reborn

traps : (11)

1x royal oppression
1x tuner's scheme
1x solemn judgment
2x solemn warning
2x fiendish chain
2x dimensional prison
1x torrential tribute
1x call of the haunted

extra deck : (15)

2x mist valley thunder lord
1x stardust dragon
1x ally of justice catastor
1x black rose dragon
1x arcanite magician
1x lightning warrior
1x mist wurm
1x trishula
1x scrap dragon
1x brionac, dragon of the ice barrier
1x iron chain dragon
1x scrap archfiend
1x magical android
1x chimeratech fortress dragon

That's all you need to know about this deck before u think of making other variants

NOTE : you might also use birdman in place of effect veiler in the main deck ... its preference

Back to top Go down
http://hackrules.com/
death-coder
Beginner
Beginner
death-coder

PostSubject: Re: A guide to mist valleys   A guide to mist valleys Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:39 pm

geez nobody appriciated this ?

:/

Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: A guide to mist valleys   A guide to mist valleys Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:47 pm

i use that deck tech with psy blocker

Back to top Go down
Dragon D. DarkNess
Beginner
Beginner
Dragon D. DarkNess

Posts Posts : 2989

PostSubject: Re: A guide to mist valleys   A guide to mist valleys Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:44 pm

Oh ya, lol.

Nice article, but I didn't think you was the type to type out all that. O.O

Very surprising but good work. Smile

Back to top Go down
death-coder
Beginner
Beginner
death-coder

PostSubject: Re: A guide to mist valleys   A guide to mist valleys Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:57 pm

lol thnx ^^

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A guide to mist valleys   A guide to mist valleys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A guide to mist valleys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1