Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Combating the Chaos Dragon deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
L.Lawliet
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
L.Lawliet

Posts Posts : 232

Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello people of ADA, I’m L.

I’d like to talk about a very important issue every duelist is having right now: combating the Chaos Dragon deck.
Chaos Dragons, at this very moment the deck is currently the best one out there, with the highest dominant force in the current meta-game. The deck isn’t hard to build, it’s not that hard to use as well, so you see it lot of it. The straight of the deck comes from the quick spamming of high-level beaters on the field, thus capable of making OTKs as well as simple beat you down. And of course you all saw how many YCS’s the deck has won, it’s safe to say that it doesn’t matter what deck you use against them, they are the favored, for an example: the second most popular deck out there – Dino-Rabbit, inherently has a very difficult time against the dragons, due to the overwhelming power that the Chaos Dragons bring to the game.

Anyway, enough saying how good the deck is, we all know. This article is about how to stop them.
Now, I’m not an OTK style of a player, I like more control type decks/stun and things like that/ so obviously I don’t like the dragons. I’ve searched a lot how to stop them so I can play the decks I like.
At this very moment these are the cards that I was able to find:
Spoiler:

If you see something that I missed please do tell me, either PM me, post here about it – do something.
So about the cards, obviously I’m not gonna talk about all of them, I’ll just talk about the most important ones.

The best cards in my opinion against the deck are: Level Limit-Area B, Fossil Dyna, Necrovalley, Messenger of Peace and Light-imprisoning Mirror.
Feel free to look at the rest of them as well.

Messenger of Peace.
Spoiler:

And
Level Limit-Area B.
Spoiler:

The idea of both of the cards is the same, they’ll stop the dragons from attacking your monsters, thus giving you time to recruit and take control over them.
Even with their similar purpose the 2 cards are quite different and both can be used vs different decks as well as Chaos Dragons, it all depends of the deck you’re playing. Now Messenger of Peace is a card that can be easily used in Inzektorz vs the Chaos Dragons, like I said, and against Dino-Rabbit as well, thus protecting the bugs from being destroyed by attacks due to their small attack force monsters (200/500/1000/1600).
As for the Level Limit-Area B, I’m planning in siding this in my Dino-Rabbit deck for sure. You can side this card in Inzektorz as well, I really think this is the best card against the chaos deck. It not only stops their attacks but it puts every 4lvl monster in defence, this is the main difference between Messenger of Peace and this card is that, Messenger can be easily stopped by Lyla’s effect as well as Ryko’s, and they are both x3 in the chaos deck. Now with Level Limit-Area B the only thing they can do is the 3 copies of Ryko and the MST/Heavy in their deck, Lyla is switched to defence before it can activate the effect. This card can be used against Hero beat as well and the beauty of Area B is that XYZ monsters doesn’t have levels, so your XYZ’s can still attack and destroy the opponents monsters.

Fossil Dyna

This card is by far one of my favorite cards in the game at this moment, used it in previous formats and I’m planning on using it in the future ones.
The card has 2 effects:
1)Neither player can Special Summon monsters.
2)When this card is flipped face-up: Destroy all Special Summoned monsters on the field.
So you can use this card by 2 ways: one just set it and wait for the dragons to attack it, thus leaving the opponent field empty, and the other way you can just summon this card in face-up attack position and keep the dragons at bay.
This card can be obviously used against other decks as well, you summon this card against Hieratics and it’s pretty much your game.

Necrovalley.
Spoiler:

This card can’t be used in many decks, it’s the key card of Gravekeepers. The key words in this card are these: “Cards in either player's Graveyard cannot be removed from play. Cards in either player's Graveyard cannot be affected by card effects, except for their own effects.”
Meaning that this card fully stops the dragons and the only way for them to comeback is the MST/Heavy and Lyla, so you better have BTH or Solemns, something like that, for that Lyla… I’m not taking Ryko for a thread against the valley due to Gravekeeper's Descendant effect.

Light-imprisoning mirror
Spoiler:

This card is maybe a 3rd best card against dragons, it doesn’t stop the dragons from attacking or summoning, but it stops their main cards: Lightpulsar, Lyla, Ryko and Eclipse. Now many side Fissure or Macro against the Chaos deck but they just get owned by Lyla or Ryko’s effect, and it’s not like you can chain Macro to “Charge” or anything, since it’s a cost. Thus making Light-imprisoning mirror a very good choice against the chaos dragon. Many people think that Shadow-imprisoning is needed as well, but I see no reason to it, it’s funny how Chaos Dragon players doesn’t even side SIM cause they think that it will hurt their deck…

I’ll stop with the card discussion/review here, there are a lot of cards in the list above, but I can’t really talk about every single one of them, feel free to check all of them, and again IF you see something missing please do tell. Take note that the cards I added there aren’t that used, so don’t say add Macro/Fissure, TT, Dark Hole, Mirror Force etc.
And please if you see some spelling mistakes please do tell me, it’s a long article and I might have typed something wrong here and there.

Last edited by L.Lawliet on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
L.Lawliet
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:38 am

UchihaShisui wrote:
for rabbit users,just side in 3 dimensional fissures.those dragons must be as good as banished.also,everyone must run bottomless trap hole and dimensional prison in main deck,atleast 2 copies.big burn is a nice side option as well.

Again, D-Fissure/Macro doesn't do anything against Chaos Dragons - they can still make big beaters, and they can easily Lyla it or Ryko it. And more, that card is useless in the late game, say he has 2 Pulsars and 1 Red-eyes, I don't see how that d-fissure will do you any good... My point is this, do not side macro or d-fissure against Chaos Dragons. If you are so pimped to side either of those cards, side d-fissure for the turn that you are 1st, when you go 2nd you won't be needing it.

Back to top Go down
UchihaShisui
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
UchihaShisui

Posts Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:19 am

L.Lawliet wrote:
UchihaShisui wrote:
for rabbit users,just side in 3 dimensional fissures.those dragons must be as good as banished.also,everyone must run bottomless trap hole and dimensional prison in main deck,atleast 2 copies.big burn is a nice side option as well.

Again, D-Fissure/Macro doesn't do anything against Chaos Dragons - they can still make big beaters, and they can easily Lyla it or Ryko it. And more, that card is useless in the late game, say he has 2 Pulsars and 1 Red-eyes, I don't see how that d-fissure will do you any good... My point is this, do not side macro or d-fissure against Chaos Dragons. If you are so pimped to side either of those cards, side d-fissure for the turn that you are 1st, when you go 2nd you won't be needing it.

oh D-Fissure and Macro do work,because they keep spamming lightpulsar and other stuff that require removing light and dark from grave.you say they can be dead in late game,but why do people keep sidding shadow imprisoning mirror and other stuff then if they can be as good as dead as well?
i know despite his monsters being banished cuz of fissure/macro,he can still spam red eyes darkness metal dragon,but c mon.chaos dragons barely run any traps because of its speed,and its quite easy to take red eyes down.
as for ryko/lyla issue,its not a big deal.atleast for me,i run Light Beat and skill drain and veilers stop them.
besides,you are always at the risk of being MSTed or heavy stormed so it doesnt really matter.
also,2nd turn it is needed as well,the 1st move of chaos dragons is never dangerous,it starts with setting a monster,mostly ryko.even if he destroys my fissure or play future fusion,i run 3 copies of big burn as well.

Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:30 am

UchihaShisui wrote:
L.Lawliet wrote:
UchihaShisui wrote:

oh D-Fissure and Macro do work,because they keep spamming lightpulsar and other stuff that require removing light and dark from grave.you say they can be dead in late game,but why do people keep sidding shadow imprisoning mirror and other stuff then if they can be as good as dead as well?
i know despite his monsters being banished cuz of fissure/macro,he can still spam red eyes darkness metal dragon,but c mon.chaos dragons barely run any traps because of its speed,and its quite easy to take red eyes down.
as for ryko/lyla issue,its not a big deal.atleast for me,i run Light Beat and skill drain and veilers stop them.
besides,you are always at the risk of being MSTed or heavy stormed so it doesnt really matter.
also,2nd turn it is needed as well,the 1st move of chaos dragons is never dangerous,it starts with setting a monster,mostly ryko.even if he destroys my fissure or play future fusion,i run 3 copies of big burn as well.

1)People don't side Shadow-imprisoning Mirror, cause it doesn't work vs Chaos Dragons, even Chaos Dragons have SIM in side for the zektor match-up.
2)You can play Effect Veiler with D-Fissure/Macro face-up ?!? I didn't know that.
3)Skill drain stops Chaos Dragons? so you can overpower them with your atk-boost-negated shining, ahh wait, they have a lot more stronger monsters, I guess that's why they win YCS's and not Light Beat. ~Skill drain won't do anything.
4)3 copies of any side card is bad. I think only 3 veiler(if you don't have it already in main) or 3 MST's in side(most people go with only 2 in main, then they side the 3rd, in chaos dragons they go with 0 in main and side 3).

Back to top Go down
UchihaShisui
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
UchihaShisui

Posts Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:33 pm

L.Lawliet wrote:
UchihaShisui wrote:
L.Lawliet wrote:
UchihaShisui wrote:

1)People don't side Shadow-imprisoning Mirror, cause it doesn't work vs Chaos Dragons, even Chaos Dragons have SIM in side for the zektor match-up.
2)You can play Effect Veiler with D-Fissure/Macro face-up ?!? I didn't know that.
3)Skill drain stops Chaos Dragons? so you can overpower them with your atk-boost-negated shining, ahh wait, they have a lot more stronger monsters, I guess that's why they win YCS's and not Light Beat. ~Skill drain won't do anything.
4)3 copies of any side card is bad. I think only 3 veiler(if you don't have it already in main) or 3 MST's in side(most people go with only 2 in main, then they side the 3rd, in chaos dragons they go with 0 in main and side 3).
oops,i got carried away saying "veiler",my bad XD
i was talking about shadow imprisoning mirror in general,vs other decks like dark worlds.
skill drain doesnt completly stop chaos dragons,but it also helps,i did it a lot of times and won.
oh,and chaos dragons won YCS just because a lot of people used them,and nobody had the guts to analyze the deck carefuly and make a proper side deck.sadly,most of the people avoid that and use top deck themselfs
also,chaos dragons is all about budget.

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Posts Posts : 623

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:37 pm

I found another card thats good against chaos dragons which is Kycoo.. a mini necrovalley eff with the bonus of banishing 2 cards whenever it does damage.. so opp cnt summon pulsar and u can clear opp grave .. Althought it might good first game, its useless late game but i think its worth to run it..

Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Koolkid wrote:
I found another card thats good against chaos dragons which is Kycoo.. a mini necrovalley eff with the bonus of banishing 2 cards whenever it does damage.. so opp cnt summon pulsar and u can clear opp grave .. Althought it might good first game, its useless late game but i think its worth to run it..

Yes, Kycco is very good, I do approve him.

Back to top Go down
iNubz
Beginner
Beginner
iNubz

Posts Posts : 843

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:57 pm

i just found a card called Out of the Blue...
its eff is 'Destroy this card if your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a card(s) in the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by this effect and sent to the Graveyard, your opponent shuffles all cards in their Graveyard into the Deck.'
would this help against chaos dragons at all?

Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 pm

iNubz wrote:
i just found a card called Out of the Blue...
its eff is 'Destroy this card if your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a card(s) in the Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by this effect and sent to the Graveyard, your opponent shuffles all cards in their Graveyard into the Deck.'
would this help against chaos dragons at all?

Yes, at some point, that card would be good. It comes to your choice what to use, and it depends on the deck you're using.
The cards that I talked about are the ones that I think are better than the others, cause you can use them in more situations.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combating the Chaos Dragon deck   Combating the Chaos Dragon deck - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combating the Chaos Dragon deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2