Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Returning ADA's Glory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Posts Posts : 447

Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 3:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Since i'm friendly with a lot of people around the whole online YGO world, I might be able to reqruite a couple of people. But before I am willing to do that, we need to return the dorms as that's essential in a good academy. ADA shined the most when we had dorms, so if we wanna let ADA shine again... Get my point?

I might be able to reqruite around 20 to 50 people within a month. I really really love this academy so I don't want it to be trashed away like this. I wanna hear your opinions about this, atleast, that is if you even read this...

I also got people skilled and smart enough to take the roles of testers, moderators and admins so that shouldn't be a problem. All it needs is a little bit of trust and the return of the dorms, that's all!

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
iNubz
Beginner
Beginner
iNubz

Posts Posts : 843

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:13 pm

hmm dorms.... agi how many dorms are u planning to have? only 3? or maybe a few more cuz if u have 6 then you could have attributed dorms like water fire earth etc...

i cant really think of any good synchro based events except maybe challenging the player to try and summon a synchro of a specific level and winning maybe?

anyway for the 3card extra deck....how do u decide which 3 cards u have in your extra? is it gonna be like the same 3 for everybody or do we choose ourselves? also what would happen if you use a deck and the all 3 extra have specific materials like from a specific archetype or something, if you lose then your opp would take a useless card into the extra o.O

Back to top Go down
MNOPYZ Strife
Beginner
Beginner
MNOPYZ Strife

Posts Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Hey there, I know I haven't been much of a helpful member back in ADA's better days, but I'll try to fix that.

-For events, I thought up something; I call it "RPG mode".
The Duelists pick Starter decks, and every time someone wins, they get 1 DP; They can trade 1 DP to get 5 cards from a certain boosterpack (The cards will be selected by a randomizer), and by completing achievements such as getting a number of wins, you get access to more boosterpacks.

And as for dorms, how about ...
-Signer dragons
-Rank-Up Magics
-Timelords
-Arcana Forces
-Agents
-Elemental Dragons
-Earthbound Immortals
-maybe Those planet monsters (Despair Uranus, Tripper Mercury, Splendid Venus, Big Saturn, Tyrant Neptune, Grand Jupiter, Blazing Mars, Supremacy Sun)
...And that's what I've got for now. I'll help as much as I can.

Good luck! Smile

PS; I'd like to try koolkid's Idea, it seems epic Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://gbatemp.net/topic/313791-the-pokemon-rom-hack-idea-of-the
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

Posts Posts : 2160

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:21 am

Haven't been here for a while but this topic got my intention.
I must say Im impressed with the responses here. I see you guys are getting more serious and i quite like some of the ideas you shared, especially koolkid's.
If you want to change the design, you gotta prepare a better one, if you can't then we can try changing the banners only, although the new ones gotta have some style.
I like the following: dorms, inter-academy events (if you can do it, sure why not), our own events, little and bigger tourneys, small tax for tourneys to get people dueling more, new banners, RPG, facing the truth of being surrounded by the xyz generation would be good for ADA too.
The reason why I'm away is that I completely stopped playing yugioh since I left and all the interests I had for it were gone too. The only thing that makes me stay here is well...ADA is home Smile
I'll be watching over this place.
@LSD, thanks for waking people up.

Last edited by The Crocodile on Sun May 26, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:24 am

1. I really dont believe those 20-50 people that LSD able to recruit each month will be active on the academy. From what i have seen, only 1-2 from 30 random people recruited or randomly joined is proven to be active on academy.

2. I really like MNOPYZ idea , but it will be hard to be organized. Staffs need to have a list of each player starter deck and cards that they have bought . Also how do you get card randomizer ? I have never seen that. But it is an interesting idea.

3. Structure deck competition is not original . Seriously, ive seen several academies running those. Also i think some competitive players dont want to play random cards from structure decks.

4. I dont know but 3 cards extra decks is easy for me , but i think seeing the new metagame it will be interesting. I personally want to see amateur netdeckers to work and build their own deck instead of just net decking like a$$hole. If you want to host this tourney, I suggest you ban overrated decks so the tourney is not boring

6. Blossom idea was called ADA Scouting System (if i remember correctly). Scout will be given money when he recruit someone and he will get more money if someone that he recruit is active on the forum.

5. For the admins : what do you think an academy is? Do you think this forum is only a place to socialize and have new friends? Or do you think that this forum (academy) is made not only for that, but to build a community and help people achieve better dueling skill in Yugioh?
If you want to make this friend like a social forum , dorm is not needed. But if you really want to make this place a place to learn (I think that was Snakey slogan or something -.-) , then make dorm system. I found that dorm system is very useful, since it motivates beginner to achieve higher rank, and they will work really hard for that. Some honorable names on ADA like heaven333 , Tigerclaw, and Damba or Naruto999 (forget his forum name now) is able to rank up from a beginner rank to at least Mediocre duelist because of dorm system.

My idea :
1. Add more things to shop or way to spend cash. You can hire a decent GFXers to be here and open a shop. Also decent deck makers. Tourney entrance fee is a great idea too.

2. Weekly events like deck building competitions, ruling quiz, and non Yugioh related events are really effective to make people stay active, but only if the staffs can organize is properly.

3. Make tournament continuously. When a tournament is finished, make a new one soon. Also offer interesting rewards for the winner , not only credits and banner. You can offer invitation to war team, chance to having rank up, or anything that motivate.

3.5 Survival challenge is really cool. Dont erase it

4. Dont change the theme. From the start ADA has black theme. I think this is ADA style and you should keep this black style.

5. Make the banner not only to show academy name , but make room to promote ongoing events on the banner . If that is not possible , make a way like a scrollbar or anything to promote ongoing events and news.

5.5 You really need GFXers . I know some but i forget names.

6. Make a way for members to be able to chat with others. I dont think this forum chatbox is effective.

7. PLEASE RESET MY WARNINGS ! THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!

8. One more , I challenge you all who read this to revive this academy. I really miss NDA and ADA like it was before. It was a competitive place and a really comfortable forum to place Smile.

9. Admins can learn from older admins. I see that there were many great YGO Forum administrator with thousands idea in the past. These are few names i remember : Snakey , VitorJGZ , DarkDuelist, Max Pegasus from the old TWA with Unforgiven Pretender (if im not wrong) , DAD from DAD Academy , DJD aka Jon and The Detonator, and many others ._. i really forget. It is not wrong to learn from them :/

Back to top Go down
Ageha
Administrator
Administrator
Ageha

Posts Posts : 1120

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:51 am

1. Okay, regarding dorms.... 6 of them based on elements or maybe 4 and 5th being either light or dark, whichever person likes better.

2. Design.... well, yeah, I'll look at renders first, but as I said you can send me renders of monsters if there are any you want.

3. Events.... let's work out that 3 extra deck event, let's keep Survival and maybe Rental Deck Tour. For start 3 continuous events would do.

4. Tournaments. Only when we get more active people, until then we don't need to worry about these.

5. As for RPG.... well what we need is a roleplay itself. (AND NOT something like that CHEAP roleplay tournament Tweedledum once made. That can't even be called a roleplay). I'm going to work out the roleplay details, since basically roleplaying is what I've been doing while ADA was dead. I just need your ideas on where you would like be set on, what would be it's goal and so on.

6. Small events. And loads of them. I need one or two people who are ready to maintain them weekly.

7. Add one more warning to Wilber for trying to get rid of warnings. XD (just kidding)

8. Everyone who wants to get some job raise their hands. We need loads of mods, 3-4 testers, 3-4 supporting staff which would be responsible for small events and tourneys, GFXers as many as we can get (for now I guess I'm the only one) and..... admins... we'll add those later.

For now I'll start working on new design. Slowly I'll be putting in position those people that are ready and we'll be working all things out. But first we'll need to clean everything up.

Back to top Go down
Ageha
Administrator
Administrator
Ageha

Posts Posts : 1120

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:51 am

Okay, here's my idea for dorms:

1. Earth Yellow with Gaia The Fierce Knight
2. Wind Orange with Simorgh
3. Water Blue with Gishki Soul Ogre
4. Fire Purple with EH Nova Master or EH Inferno
5. Light White with Celestial Dragon or Quasar
Dark Black with Hierophant or Heart-Earth Dragon

Basically, Light white and Dark black is at the same level.

Back to top Go down
Koolkid
Article Team
Article Team
Koolkid

Posts Posts : 623

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Design: The home page looks good already in terms of design, i c no reason to change it. However, the portal page do need some design changes, mainly because it is the most used page in ADA imo. Also changing some banners in the portal page will attract those users who already came by to check things out, as it might give them a sense of revival to the academy. (and hopefully they stay)

Communication: like i said, portal page is the most common page, and i am sure we discussed this before, but i believe that the chat box should be placed in the portal page instead of the 'old' announcement. Cause, there is always a time when i get hooked up in the home page chatting, and alot of post action is being done in the portal page. So instead of always swapping from home to portal, isin't it better if it is all in one place?

Dorms: Before we start recruiting members, some things have to be done to the design and dorms. Attribute dorms seems a bit iffy to me, since it dosnt portray skill level. Besides, 6 dorms is too big a division for the people who will be active in ADA. Better 3 dorms (other than classical Egyptian gods, whether Wicked monsters or Sacred Beasts) with alot of members in it, then 6 dorms with too few members.

Once all this is set, we need to recruit testers who will act both as an advertiser and a tester to test duelists and rank them accordingly. Finally, once we get enough people, we start to organize small events that require ADAC in the hope of preparing duelists for tourneys that need cash. Also, survival, rental, zombie and 3 extra deck idea can be included in the events so as not to be left out. After all this hopefully, its time to create tourneys that hoepfully last long and, liek Wilber said, create another tourney with a different taste immediately.

So when our dream is fully accomplished by reviving ADA, let the War against other academies begin!

Back to top Go down
blossomswilt
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
blossomswilt

Posts Posts : 412

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 6:37 pm

Well, I am a qualified regional judge for Canada, so I can probably help with the events in judging them and so forth.
But yeah, I will also start trying to recruit some new members to help revive ADA.

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:16 am

Theres a poll on portal:
Do you like the new skin?
Yes
Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 I_vote_lcapReturning ADA's Glory - Page 2 I_voting_barReturning ADA's Glory - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
81% [ 104 ]
No
Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 I_vote_lcapReturning ADA's Glory - Page 2 I_voting_barReturning ADA's Glory - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
10% [ 13 ]
Better than last one
9% [ 11 ]

I think more than 100 "yes" opinions are enough to make us think "new design" is not really needed at the moment, so guys let's hear other ideas.

Repeating what i said above: if you are serious about reviving ada please share ideas+plans to realize them+reason why the idea will be a success

Back to top Go down
Snakedoc(Lord)
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
Snakedoc(Lord)

Posts Posts : 3095

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:48 pm

the new design would have to be perfect,meaning better than this,if u can do that then ok...
if not then whats the point...
Also if for the dorms and changing the portal and a few banners.
Lets see what LSD does,also the staff he will get,and ageha i wanna talk to u...
I have some ideas as well and like 3-4 months free....
Yah im having knee surgery...
I wasnt here cause i hate xyz era and the pilot stupid overpowerd decks...
But thats abut to change
Snake is back!!
So lets bring this place back in style Smile

Back to top Go down
https://lsacademy.forumotion.com
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:12 pm

Wish you fast recovery and wish you staying active in ADA as long as possible xD

Lets see what people LSD has in mind for staff. I think Staff is crucial right now. Without loyal staff members, we can't accomplish anything. We need active and people willing to work hard! Im only into this if i have the help of others snake.

Last time i changed dorm system into real ranking system because we lacked testers, so if that's gonna be the case this time, dorm system fails again. I hope LSD got us good people for their jobs.

ah yea and xyz era sux big time Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 4148986478

Back to top Go down
blossomswilt
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
blossomswilt

Posts Posts : 412

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Hmm, well it would be good to have at least 4 testers minimum, and I am a tester for my team, as well as for 2 other academies.
This is my main academy, so I can accompany you guys as being a tester, and other things to help out.

Back to top Go down
CyberZane
Beginner
Beginner
CyberZane

Posts Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:49 am

@#!+ snake all im sayin,

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Still no LSD...

Back to top Go down
Snakedoc(Lord)
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
Snakedoc(Lord)

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:04 am

lets do this people
everyone interesd we need a ham net or ssomething to meet and talk := Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 4226068983 Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 4226068983 Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 4226068983 and buu yah zane :=

Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:51 am

seriously snake no one use ham anymore

Back to top Go down
MNOPYZ Strife
Beginner
Beginner
MNOPYZ Strife

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:11 am

WilBer wrote:

2. I really like MNOPYZ idea ,
but it will be hard to be organized. Staffs need to have a list of each
player starter deck and cards that they have bought . Also how do you
get card randomizer ? I have never seen that. But it is an interesting
idea.

First off, thanks alot Smile
A Database will be used to keep track of the players, their starter decks, the boosterpacks they have access to, their current available cards, and their current DP. I can deal with that. As for the shuffling, I've got a few programs up my sleeve.
PS: Nice signature Very Happy

But...either way, I don't think I've given my idea much thought...
I'll start a beta for it. I'll work on it with my team, and when it's perfected, We can try it on ADA. Is that okay?

EDIT: If it ever does get to ADA, for motivation, how about if you could convert ADAC to DP...something like 100 ADAC = 1 DP
(= 5 New cards from a Boosterpack)?

Last edited by MNOPYZ Strife on Thu May 30, 2013 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Another idea)
Back to top Go down
Snakedoc(Lord)
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
Snakedoc(Lord)

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:48 pm

the put up a stronger 1
also waiting for LSD

Back to top Go down
MNOPYZ Strife
Beginner
Beginner
MNOPYZ Strife

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:20 am

Alright; I've finished building the Database, and the shuffler is ready.
Who want's to help test the RPG Beta? Smile

Back to top Go down
Kaiza
Article Team
Article Team
Kaiza

Posts Posts : 1008

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:15 pm

@MNOPYZ: I wont mind volunteering

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:08 pm

Sorry for letting you guys waiting for so long. I have been searching for great staff members outside this academy, but they seem to got demotivated knowing that this isn't a new academy but a dead academy that is about to be revived. I'm still looking for great staff members at the moment but I think we can use the regular ADA people as well.

ADA Staff
Admins:
-Croco (if he decides to come back)
-Snake
-Kaiza

Moderators:
- Blossomswilt
- Koolkid

Testers:
- CyberZane

For the Staff members outside the academy, i'm really busy getting the best of the best members, but it's so hard these days.

As for the design: A new refreshing look could do wonders. If someone is willing to make a new design, they should make a little part of it and create a poll for about a couple of days/weeks. After results are counted we can continue on whatever is the outcome of that poll.

As i'm busy recruiting testers as well, we really need to get the dorms back otherwise there is no point of getting them into ADA. The "Supporting Staff" should be changed into "Tester" and the color should be (preferably) green.

As croco might have said, my people are still willing to come to this place and look around for the time being. Have trust in me, give me a little more of time to get the staff members ready.

Last edited by Life Stream Dragon on Fri May 31, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Does anyone know where Alice is? I really would like to have her in here as well. If anyone of you still have contact with her please tell me about it. I still need to discuss one and another with her.

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:29 pm

LSD i know you dont want to mention yourself up there in the staff positions list, but id like you in our team, so what do you say?

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 am

The Crocodile wrote:
LSD i know you dont want to mention yourself up there in the staff positions list, but id like you in our team, so what do you say?
I wouldn't mind being Moderator or anything, my only problem is that i don't really have the time to test people because i'm a busy man Razz If i'm either needed as staff member i'm willing to do anything except testing.

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Yea i didnt think about testing, i thought more about an admin or mod. So whatever you think you can do of those, just tell me. As a mod you would be given a certain job, but as an admin you gotta work on many segments besides administration (like inter-academy relationships, ideas for improvement, good organization etc.) Make your choice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning ADA's Glory   Returning ADA's Glory - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning ADA's Glory

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next