Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nordic Beasts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Posts Posts : 447

Nordic Beasts Empty
PostSubject: Nordic Beasts   Nordic Beasts Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Nordic Beasts Nordic10

i build this deck to test if slow decks are still good this format.. and YES THEY STILL ARE!! i tested this deck till it had 50 wins (dueled with it so much it became boring .-.), but with succes, if i say so myself.. the decks personal score is 50-11 and won vs this so called meta from these days: inzektors, wind-ups, dark world, agents, tengu plant, chaos stun, gravekeepers etc..

the point i wanted to prove was that in this format so called "slow" decks still can be victorious.. the fact that i noticed was that Normal Summoning is the key to field swarming.. as long as they have 1 monster on the field it can become 4 with ease.. as long as you can prevent your opponent of having any field presence of their monsters, then you can win with ease.. with this deck its very easy since the amount of traps are huge, so i interrupt alot of summons..

this deck is very trap depending, and you need to play conservative untill you see an opening to swing for game.. thats why this deck is hard to play with, but once when mastered very dangerous in the hands of a good player..

the reason this deck also tops was that my opponent never expected me to play such a deck..

Monsters: 17
i run 3 tengu's and 3 gulfaxe with both 1700-1600 atk.. this format its hard to overrun with monsters that are just normal summoned..
also i run 3 tanngnjostr and 3 tanngrisnir, which are pretty weak in attack.. that is where Nordic Relic Megingjord/Gungnir and Horn of The Phantom Beast shines..
i run 2 super-hamsters to get out tanngnjostr out easily and then go off into Thor, Lord of The Aesir which is a beast.. also did i tech in a Ryko to get rid of annoying cards my opponent controls..
and 2 Maxx'c's just FTW

Spells: 4
why i just run these spells? first of all cuz i only need these cards to win.. second of all is that i need to space for better cards.. and the third thing is that there arent many spells that matter much when they are used.. these 4 staples are beast in anyway they are used (unless you missplayed like there is no tomorrow >_>)

Traps:19
now the part of the deck that is the most important of all..
first we got the staples: trips solemn, mirror force and torrential = which are beast traps on their own
then we got the staples in nordic decks: 3 gleipnir, the fetters of fenrir, 2 nordic relic megingjord and gungnir = to search into the right monsters and to clear my opponents field (personally like Thor + Megingjord for 7K beater)
and then great additional cards: 2 call of the haunted, 2 starlight road, 3 horn of the phantom beast = getting back the right monsters, protecting my AWESOME BACKROW and powering up my monsters for drawpower..

thats a short explanation of this deck vs this format.. try it out yourself and
withness... see.... feel.....
as the one who is victorious

of course this deck is far from perfect so any tips would be appreciated ^.^

Last edited by Life Stream Dragon on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
redblazer_7
Beginner
Beginner
redblazer_7

Posts Posts : 142

Nordic Beasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nordic Beasts   Nordic Beasts Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Dude the decks awesome, more protected than mine, but mine usually wins in 4 turns since i steam roll with odin, if you wanted odin(i prefer him he seems to say longer) you could switch out a thor and a guldfaxe for odin and vanadis, which could garner you a free draw when hes revived, or you could switch out the same cards for a 2 star beast tuner(sorry cant remember what mine is) and a 5 star tuner, either way i just find running 3 thor alittle excessive, but i run double aesir, these are just my suggestions, i like catastor so i personally would find room for him, but thats the only changes id make, and they probably arnt needed, thats all i could think of as the decks already good in my oppinion.

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Posts Posts : 222

Nordic Beasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nordic Beasts   Nordic Beasts Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm

redblazer_7 wrote:
Dude the decks awesome, more protected than mine, but mine usually wins in 4 turns since i steam roll with odin, if you wanted odin(i prefer him he seems to say longer) you could switch out a thor and a guldfaxe for odin and vanadis, which could garner you a free draw when hes revived, or you could switch out the same cards for a 2 star beast tuner(sorry cant remember what mine is) and a 5 star tuner, either way i just find running 3 thor alittle excessive, but i run double aesir, these are just my suggestions, i like catastor so i personally would find room for him, but thats the only changes id make, and they probably arnt needed, thats all i could think of as the decks already good in my oppinion.

I'm with you, Odin is boss.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nordic Beasts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nordic Beasts   Nordic Beasts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nordic Beasts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advanced duel academy :: The Academy :: Decks-