Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*cue trumpet fanfare*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Not So Gallant Gallade
Not So Gallant Gallade

Posts Posts : 37

*cue trumpet fanfare* Empty
PostSubject: *cue trumpet fanfare*   *cue trumpet fanfare* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 am

Why the fanfare? Because that's what the theme to Rocky is!

Ok, so if you couldn't guess from that, I'm going to be looking at probably my favorite anti-meta deck, and one that gets relatively little attention compared to somewhat similar decks like Chaos Stun or Light Hero Beat (which I really need to try in its own right). However, this article's all about Rock Stun.

I love using Rock Stun because it has a set of unique monsters that opposing decks don't really expect to see, all the fun of anti-meta with the staple backrow cards and opponent-maddening option restriction, and a lot of variation that can be injected into the deck for its own flair. I'll be posting two Rock Stun builds of mine to demonstrate this last point, but first let's look at the cards you'll be using basically no matter what you decide on for your techs and such.

Spoiler:

Ah, the infamous Koa'ki Meiru negation trio... you run this deck, you run these cards. They're like varied versions of Doomcal, but optional, so they aren't like a land mine. More of a... whatever you call those remote-controlled explosives. I don't play Call of Duty, I hate that stuff. But yeah. Run a full set of Guardian, and as for Wall and Sandman, go 2-3 depending on how much hate you want for Spells and Traps, respectively.

Spoiler:
Am I the only one who thinks Dyna looks a little cute? *shot*
Anyways, you all know this guy. He laughs in the face of Synchro spamming and other Special Summoning shenanigans, and if the user can play "Protect the Pachy" well, it's often good game right there. I run 2 and love it; you probably should too.

Spoiler:
I swear, this card is one of the most love/hate monsters in the game. I personally am of the former opinion, and run him in Rock Stun as well as my Gate Hero and Naturia Stun decks. However, one of my friends absolutely despises the card, putting it on the list of cards I don't use in duels against him for fear of making him rage like a proverbial bull seeing red (the list also includes BLS, Heavy Storm, Brio and Catastor). But anyways, Mole is great. He's fantastic in any anti-meta deck, but especially here. He's an easy out to Synchros and Xyz's, even the dreaded Catastor, and clears the field for the rest of your beaters to beat face. For the most part, run the one you're allowed, because he's Mole and he ticks people off. I can't count the "Noooooooo"s I've gotten from bringing him out to seal a game. Laughing

As for other Rocks to consider, Legendary Jujitsu Master (who spins the foe after being attacked when face-down) is still good, but many see him as too slow, with the likes of Judgment Dragon, Master Hyperion and Trishula running rampant through the metagame. Morphing Jar is great to replenish the hand, of course, but I've survived without him.

Of course, you may want to add some extra monsters to help out, even in your skeleton, and that's cool. All the usual suspects, like Rai-Oh, Doomcal (to a lesser extent), D.D. Warrior Lady and Cydra, among others, can work if you want them to (though I only main Rai-Oh, a pair of them, of the ones listed above).

As for Spells, just run the staples (i.e. Dark Hole, Heavy, Reborn) as well as multiple Dualities for sure. This deck is slow unless you somehow manage to turn it into something much quicker, so you want that searching (also, it'll keep your Koa'ki Meirus from blowing up). 2-3 Smashing Grounds is also great removal for the deck, of course, and especially with Rabbit decks' rising stock.
Traps, you know how it goes.

Now then, on to the fun stuff: techs and pizazz. Rock Stun can go many different ways, from a Solidarity build (which is not, mind you, a very good option) to simply adding in some Macro or whatnot. Let's take a look at my original deck:

Spoiler:

So, u see wat I did thar- *cough* I mean... never mind.
I added the Macro part with Fissure, Banisher and Eatos, since this deck loses no ground at all through the use of D-Fissure. (Note: Once Inzektors come out, it's highly advisable to switch this to Macro Cosmos. I know I will.)
Meanwhile, your Dark World-playing opponent won't be as carefree. Not just that, but I main two Wanghus, because
A. He's badass.
B. He hurts so many decks/cards this format if used in the right situation. He looks down with glee on plant Synchro in general, Karakuris and their Ninishi or Merchant plays, TGU and Rabbit, and Earth from Agent decks, to name a few. Meanwhile, you're just losing the ability to use Mole or a Dyna normal summon, while your 1900 ATK beaters sit out there and laugh.

Obviously, the deck is pretty slow, and unlike many anti-meta decks it hasn't the access to BLS or most other boss monsters (though Rank 4 Xyz's are definitely an option). The negation power, at least in my opinion, balances things though.

As for my other build, it's derived from a build from a guy on Pojo. So you know it has to be the greatest ever. Razz

No, seriously, I've used it quite a bit recently, and it has done wonders.

Spoiler:
Fun fact: Skill Drain doesn't negate the negation effects of the Koa'ki Meiru monsters you'd be running with this deck.
$h!t just got real.
So yeah, rather than Macro (which can be sided in, of course, and I do just that), this deck uses Skill Drain to mess with your foe's monsters, and Necrovalley to harm their usage of the Grave (as well as giving you a 2100 beater and access to the Malefic bosses, power not seen very much in the first deck I posted). I've used this several times against Plant Synchro or Synchrocentric or whatever you want to call it, and with just a couple cards on the field it can really disrupt their strategy (Necrovalley + Malefic Stardust + Fossil Dyna = Major lulz). Both decks really mess with the opponent, though, especially when it's a classic DN noob who doesn't know what you have up your sleeve. Laughing

There are a lot of ways you can go with the deck, to finish my point. Add Macro, go Necrovalley, go more Rock-centric and add cards like Gaia Plate the Earth Giant, side into a different anti-meta deck... hell, I've seen a build for Gladiator Beast Rock Stun. The point is that this deck is viable still, and can be shifted around to fit your standards and wants... and then you can go take your foes down.

Anyways, that's my debut article on this forum, and... yeah. Thanks for giving a crap and reading it!

Back to top Go down
http://ffgtfgtr.deviantart.com
Harper7000
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Harper7000

Posts Posts : 554

*cue trumpet fanfare* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *cue trumpet fanfare*   *cue trumpet fanfare* Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 4:17 am

i remember this article haha. it's a good article and as i mentioned in dga, it also has potential for a Dark Gaia varient with Tour Guides and Doomcalibers Cool. stun decks are fun Cool

Back to top Go down

*cue trumpet fanfare*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advanced duel academy :: The Academy :: Articles-