Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scorpion67
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Scorpion67

Posts Posts : 121

"What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Empty
PostSubject: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 am

Welcome to Scorp's New Topic "What will Pros Do". This is a Topic I will start to show you guyz the difference between Pros and Average Players. Sometimes 2 players will have the same cards and will do 2 different moves in the same situation. I will give you some situations and show what an Average player will do and what a Pro would do. Hope you will like this Topic because I'm sure it will help a lot of players to take better decisions during a Duel. This Topic is Originaly Started on DGA but I will post it on DGA Affiiated Academies Smile If you wana see more of this, Join DGA Today

http://tdga.forumotion.com/forum

This is the first segmentof my new topic so, I will start with the basics of how to be a goodp layer and how to make good moves. Those little moves can make the difference in a duel !

Situation #1 : It is your turn !

- Your Opponent have a Face Up Royal Oppression

- You Have Chaos Sorcerer in Hand and Mystical Space Typhoon

What will Average Players do : They will Use MST on the Face Up Oppression and then special Sumon Chaos Sorcerer

What Will Pros Do : They Will Special Sumon Chaos Sorcerer to make their opponent pay 800 LP's and then they will chain MST

This looks like a simple move but that 800 Extra LP's you deal to the opponent can make a big difference in a duel. If your opponent had 3000 LP's that extra damage will allow you to go for game in the same turn. But thats not All, there is more this move can do for you. We will see it in the Sitation number 2.

Situation #2 : Its your opponent's turn

Life Points : 5000/5000

You have Elemental Hero Neos Alius and Royal Oppression Face Up. Your 2 Facedowns are Warning and Dimensional Prison.

Your opponent have a Face Up Defense Debris Dragon and a Card Trooper. He synchro fro Black Rose Dragon.

What Will Average Players do : They Will use Royal Oppresion on Black Rose dragon and They will probably get fucked by MST ( NOTE that when MST is chained to Royal Oppression, You lost the opportunity to activate Solemn Warning ). In that Situation you lost all your advantage on you will probably wont come back from that cuz you lost some key cards.

What will Pros Do : They will 1st see if both mst's are in the grave to see if they can risk to use Oppression. If both MST's are not there they will use their Warning. That will make them lose a Backrow and more life points than oppression BUT your sure that Blackrose effect will never resolve and you will keep the control of the game !

Offcourse if your opponent had a card set in this situation, you have to consider the DUST TORNADO but I'm trying to make this simple to understand. In all the situations possible, the safest way to play that move is "Negate the Black Rose Summon with Solemn Warning"

Thats for the Basic Explanation If you wana push your knowledge further read the explanation Below

Now How you I know my opponent have MST in hands. Take all the field on consideration. Your opponent had a Card Trooper. He could have attacked your Alius and get a plus with the draw he gets from trooper. He dont knows that you have the Prison Facedown and Even if you have it, he Still have the Debris Dragon with 2000 Def to pretect him. If he shynchro sumon while you have oppression on the field, it means that he is baiting your oppression cuz otherwise, he will have nothing left on the field and he will just minus himself to deal 800 Lifepoints and tha's dumb when both players have high lifepoints. Think outside of the box !

Well thats it for today. Hope you like my new segment guys and I really hope it will help some of you to take better decisions in Future Duels.

Leave your comments and Impression Below to see if you like this or I should just Stop it Razz

cya guyz Later

DGA Owner ~ Scorpion67 ~ The DLKz Meta Knight

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

Posts Posts : 2160

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Quote :
What Will Average Players do : They Will use Royal Oppresion on Black Rose dragon and They will probably get fucked by MST ( NOTE that when MST is chained to Royal Oppression, You lost the opportunity to activate Solemn Warning ).

How do i lose opportunity to activate solemn warning? It would be just chain link 3 WHEN a monster is summoned so i can still activate it during the same chain.

Back to top Go down
UchihaShisui
Intermediate Duelist
Intermediate Duelist
UchihaShisui

Posts Posts : 722

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:47 pm

The Crocodile wrote:
Quote :
What Will Average Players do : They Will use Royal Oppresion on Black Rose dragon and They will probably get fucked by MST ( NOTE that when MST is chained to Royal Oppression, You lost the opportunity to activate Solemn Warning ).

How do i lose opportunity to activate solemn warning? It would be just chain link 3 WHEN a monster is summoned so i can still activate it during the same chain.

you lose the opportunity for solemn warning cuz the last thing that activates in a chain is MST.

BRD link 1
Royal Opression tries to negate BRD-link 2
Typhoon pwns opression and he is a link 3
Solemn would be link 4,but it cant negate the link 1,only the last thing that happens in a chain,which is in this case-Typhoon.

Thats why solemn loses opportunity.but im not sure,maybe im wrong cuz im a noob.

Back to top Go down
King007
Beginner
Beginner
King007

Posts Posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:14 pm

i think solem should be linked directly to the summon

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:52 pm

BRD summon does not start a chain
Quote :
Solemn would be link 4,but it cant negate the link 1,only the last thing that happens in a chain,which is in this case-Typhoon.
Look at this:
you special summon a monster
i Link 1: oppression
you Link 2: MST
i Link 3: MST on oppression

By your words i wouldnt be able to chain mst on my oppression as i can target only the last chain link

With dark bribe its different, what u said is for such cards. But solemn negates the summon and not a spell
Here is the definition of chain:
Chain is formed when one player activates a Card effect and his/her opponent responds with an effect of his/her own.
A Chain is what happens when several card effects are trying to happen at the same time. By building a chain, you can more easily determine how the effects resolve.

The thing which happened last is the opponent TRIES to special summon a monster
I activate- Oppression on summon
~now here goes the first definition: Chain is formed when one player activates a Card effect and his/her opponent responds with an effect of his/her own.
You chain MST
~here is the other definition:A Chain is what happens when several card effects are trying to happen at the same time. By building a chain, you can more easily determine how the effects resolve.
Chain solemn warning on summon

So these 3 things are activated at the same time WHEN a monster is being summoned, and they wait for their resolving.
Chains resolve backwards:
Solemn warning negates the summon
MST destroys oppression
Oppression doesn't activate doe to the Continuous trap rule: must be on field to activate eff

Hope this explains

But still, it would be better to solemn than to activate oppression (but you wouldnt lose opportunity to activate solemn)

Back to top Go down
Stardust Dragon
Beginner
Beginner
Stardust Dragon

Posts Posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Really nice idea , i had no idea i can mst an opppression and stuff
not really good at rulings but i think croc is right
keep it up!

Back to top Go down
Scorpion67
Advanced Duelist
Advanced Duelist
Scorpion67

Posts Posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 am

Croco your wrong, after he chianed the MST, you lost the opportunity on that warning cuz now you have to chain on that MST so warning dont works. I wont had took the time to write a whole article about it if it was that easy Razz

But thx for the comments guyz Smile I will try to write more of this stuff Smile

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:07 pm

thanx i didnt know that
id like if you write an explanation why we lose opportunity, cool article
keep the work up Very Happy

Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 pm

-_- i was playing like that but now i often quit when people swarm me (YGO is not my game anymore ) also sometime im in a hurry Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player   "What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"What will Pros Do" A new topic By Scorp about how to be better player

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1