Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

Posts Posts : 236

Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 am

Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows ZennZ
Monster-28
3 Swap Frog
3 Dupe Frog
3 treeborn Frog
1 RoninToadin
1 Sangan
3 Battle Fader
1 Gorz
2 Trag
3 Caius
3 Raiza
3 Dark Dust Spirit
2 Vanity's Fiend

Spell-12
1 Book of Moon
1 Heavy
2 MST
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
3 Creature Swap
3 Enemy Controler

Side-15
3 Forbidden Lance
1 MST
1 Night Shot
3 Smashing Ground
3 Gemini Imps
3 Electronic Virus
1 Sea Lancer

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

Posts Posts : 346

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:58 am

-2 Vanity's Fiend
-1 Sangan
+3 Mobius the Frost Monarch.

Back to top Go down
http://crayacademy.freeforums.tv/forum
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Posts Posts : 222

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Twedledum wrote:
-2 Vanity's Fiend
-1 Sangan
+3 Mobius the Frost Monarch.

I would not advise that. Sangan is pretty much a staple, one that searches Swap Frog, Battle Fader etc, and Vanity's Fiend is great shut-down. Meanwhile, Mobius is a walking Starlight Road target.

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:40 pm

ya lol i did try running mobius over mst as it would get rid of more traps than mst would and could also maybe stay on the field but it was to slow as it took my normal summon for that turn. and ya there is no way im dropping even one vanity lol

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Crusader Rand wrote:
ya lol i did try running mobius over mst as it would get rid of more traps than mst would and could also maybe stay on the field but it was to slow as it took my normal summon for that turn. and ya there is no way im dropping even one vanity lol
Dude do u understamd that Vanity's Fiend will slow this deckthat he won't reach the speed of a snail.
This is what I call "Frognarchs":
Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows C9qdI

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Twedledum wrote:
Dude do u understamd that Vanity's Fiend will slow this deckthat he won't reach the speed of a snail.

There's only 1 monster this deck Special Summons a turn - Treeborn. By the time Vanity's Fiend is out that becomes irrelevant. Meanwhile, Vanity's Fiend shuts down other decks entirely; basically the only thing it won't stop is Dark Worlds, just because they have Grapha. And self-respecting Frognarch player runs Vanity's Fiend because it does exactly what it needs to.

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 pm

well vanitys fiend orarch lord kristya if your goin for 2 tributes and twedledum ladd stops your deck even more than vanity stops it

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:56 pm

Is any1 here from old school here?
This is not something I decided. It was decided long long long ago when Monarchs and Frogs first time appeared. Who said Ladd was for all turns? Ladd is for 1 turn to negate anything that ur opponent throws into you. Than you're turn you're gonna use frog eff until Ladd cannot negate and summon frog. Than tribute it use it's eff summon another 2400 beatstick from ur graveyard etc.
The point is: The current format became so overpowered that newbies forgot the classic of yugioh, the old yugioh that required not only "muscles" but brains too. Like in a old russian phrase:
Sila esti uma ne nada [There is power, brains-no need.] Preety much like this ^_^

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:04 am

dude ive been playing monarchs since they came out and i know thats how they were run in the past but with skill drain, inz, and especially dino dominating the meta you cant keep running the same decklist lo. not to mention warning and fiendish chain and lots of other chainable traps out there for use vs inzektors ladd just does not cut it.

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Twedledum wrote:
Is any1 here from old school here?
This is not
something I decided. It was decided long long long ago when Monarchs and
Frogs first time appeared. Who said Ladd was for all turns? Ladd is for
1 turn to negate anything that ur opponent throws into you. Than you're
turn you're gonna use frog eff until Ladd cannot negate and summon
frog. Than tribute it use it's eff summon another 2400 beatstick from ur
graveyard etc.
The point is: The current format became so
overpowered that newbies forgot the classic of yugioh, the old yugioh
that required not only "muscles" but brains too. Like in a old russian
phrase:
Sila esti uma ne nada [There is power, brains-no need.] Preety much like this ^_^

First of all, it's irrelevant when somebody joined this game; they're entitled to make any deck from any time period provided it's still legal, and they may do so as they see fit. There is no I "decided" way of building anything. Secondly, it doesn't do anything to ask ask who is "old school"; lots of people have been playing since the beginning (myself included), but that's irrelevant to playing skills. Third, please drop the condescending attitude that's been popping up in your posts as of late; it's not welcome or in place here; and as a tester I can and will remove offensive posts. Let that be your warning.

Fourth, I have NEVER seen RaiDa used in that way whatsoever. That's certainly one way to use him; but he indeed intended as a lockdown card. Often it will get off 2 good negations and then your opponent will beat over it; when they do, you get its revival effect. If you're used to using RaiDa as a one turn wall that's fine; all I can say is I've had games where I sat on one RaiDa for 3 turns until my opponent manged to do anything to it.

Crusader Rand wrote:
dude ive been playing monarchs since they came out and i know thats how they were run in the past but with skill drain, inz, and especially dino dominating the meta you cant keep running the same decklist lo. not to mention warning and fiendish chain and lots of other chainable traps out there for use vs inzektors ladd just does not cut it.

This is entirely valid, as any of these cards pose a threat to raida far more than Monarchs due to its inability to be special summoned and its higher summon cost; but I will please ask you to maintain civility as well Crusader (just as a preemptive warning).

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:10 pm

RaiDa= LaDD?

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 pm

Crusader Rand wrote:
RaiDa= LaDD?

Yes. Both terms refer to it, and I was exposed to RaiDa first so it stuck. (taken from Raito ando Dakunesu Doragon)

Back to top Go down
Lethal Insanity
Beginner
Beginner
Lethal Insanity

Posts Posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:20 pm

I agree. I currently love vanity fiend this format. It totally shuts down every deck out there in the meta. Such a boss card. Deck seems pretty solid to me though Smile Looks good

Quote :

Not just you, thats the common name for the deck nowadays >.> If you have been playing frognarchs "old school" as you say, you would be aware of this fact.

Also, genma is right. Attitudes like yours arent very welcome here, or any other academy. I recommend you change it. You have posted your fix here for the deck, and the author doesnt like it. Not your place to say he is totally wrong. Suggesting fixes, not demanding them. Know the difference

~Lethal~

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Quote:

he was refering to the deck he posted not rly the name of my post

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Crusader Rand wrote:
Quote:

he was refering to the deck he posted not rly the name of my post

This is true, but his attitude towards your deck was still unwarranted.

Back to top Go down
Twedledum
Beginner
Beginner
Twedledum

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Ok maybe my attitude was little excentrical and I apoligize for that. The main question stands: Vanity's Fiend or Ladd. Now let's get down to their effects.
Vanity's effect says that neither of players can't special summon monsters. Good effect BUT with a card like BTS, Torrential Tribute Dark Hole..anything that destroy monsters would be activated and Vanity's Fiend is in the Graveyard.
Now Ladd effect:
He has 2 attributes on field: Light and Dark. Secondly he will negate any effect of spells traps monsters.Of course he'll lose 500 attack but this will slowdown your opponent or at least he/she will use a considerably amount of cards to reduce it's attack. Plus if he is destroyed you can summon another monster from your grave.

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:48 pm

Twedledum wrote:
Ok maybe my attitude was little excentrical and I apoligize for that. The main question stands: Vanity's Fiend or Ladd. Now let's get down to their effects.
Vanity's effect says that neither of players can't special summon monsters. Good effect BUT with a card like BTS, Torrential Tribute Dark Hole..anything that destroy monsters would be activated and Vanity's Fiend is in the Graveyard.
Now Ladd effect:
He has 2 attributes on field: Light and Dark. Secondly he will negate any effect of spells traps monsters.Of course he'll lose 500 attack but this will slowdown your opponent or at least he/she will use a considerably amount of cards to reduce it's attack. Plus if he is destroyed you can summon another monster from your grave.

RaiDa's 2-attribute effect doesn't really do anything for him on field though. Also, Bottomless, TT and Dark Hole affect Monarchs as well - in fact they affect most monsters, with RaiDa being one of the few exceptions. And when you mention Special Summons? My opponent can Special Summon Cyber Dragon since it doesn't start a chain, tribute for a Monarch, RaiDa will negate it and the monarch runs over RaiDa. So Mirror Matches are out. Then we consider that BLS is running around; he'll drop down and just kill RiaDa right away. meanwhile, Vanity's Fiend prevents both these scenarios outright.

Back to top Go down
Rand
Beginner
Beginner
Rand

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:16 pm

not to mention chaos sorc droping baiting ladd to 2300 and running into it

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows   Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swaping Storms Dusted Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Advanced duel academy :: The Academy :: Decks-