Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Posts Posts : 222

Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do Empty
PostSubject: Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do   Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:19 am

If you've ever been on DN and had an issue with how Solemn Warning cannot be used. Here's a list of things it cannot do:

First, some legitimate confusion:
1) Solemn Warning CANNOT negate the summon effect of Fusion Gate. Solemn Warning can only negate the initial activation of a card; Fusion Gate does nothing upon activation, and summons as part of a supplemental effect.
2) Solemn Warning CANNOT negate the effect of Geartown to Special Summon a monster, again because it isn't the initial activation that does so.
3) Solemn Warning CANNOT negate a Synchro Summon via Urgent Tuning or Formula Synchron if the latter is activated as Chain Link 2 or higher. This is because the effect simply permits you to summon, and does not perform the summon itself.

Now, things get a little dumber:
4) Solemn Warning CANNOT negate and destroy a monster summoned by another card's effect; it can only be used onthe initial card. For example, if I Warning Rescue Rabbit, I do not destroy the 2 Normals.
In conjunction with the above, Solemn Warning CANNOT be used to kill the Fusion Monster summoned by Super Poly. Sounds like something I shouldn't have to explain, right?

WRONG!

Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do Thefinalfanfail

I had a 15-minutes conversation with this guy trying to explain why he couldn't just negate the summon off Super Poly without negating the card itself, even after I explained the "chain resolving backwards" thing...

5) Solemn Warning does not work like Bottomless Trap Hole. You have to use it before the summon succeeds; you cannot claim "buyer's remorse" after the summon and change your mind. I have had more than one instance where I summon something, sit there for 5 seconds, go to Battle Phase, and the second I hit BP they Warning.
6) I should NEVER have to say this because it should be so obvious, but anyone who's seen this video or have just watched it because of that link... yeah.
Solemn Warning is NOT Solemn Judgment. It will not negate anything and everything for 2000 Life Points. That would be broken.

If anybody feels there's more to contribute to this, by all means do...

Back to top Go down
Life Stream Dragon
Article Team
Article Team
Life Stream Dragon

Posts Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do   Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 12:00 pm

too obvious, why pointing it out? i mean the only ones who do not know this are the ones who didnt take their time to actually read a card carefully and learn about it as well. period

nice job btw Razz

Back to top Go down
Genma no Ou
Beginner
Beginner
Genma no Ou

Posts Posts : 222

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do   Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Life Stream Dragon wrote:
too obvious, why pointing it out? i mean the only ones who do not know this are the ones who didnt take their time to actually read a card carefully and learn about it as well. period

nice job btw Razz

You would be amazed how many people there are who fit that bill. Now if these problems come up you can link them to this thread.

Oh, and you have no idea how bloody annoying it is to try and explain things people should already know.

Back to top Go down
Kaiza
Article Team
Article Team
Kaiza

Posts Posts : 1008

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do   Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:43 am

finally, someone posts this -_-

now I can finally hit people the truth

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do   Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Public Service Announcement: Things Solemn Warning CANNOT do

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1