Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)
Advanced duel academy
Welcome to ADA where the best meets. Join our community today and duel all your friends. Enjoy taking a part in our events! To know more about us and to understand everything well, visit ADA GUIDE: http://www.advancedduelacademy.com/?pid=3..
Respectfully Snakedoc(Lord)

HomeADA PortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Card Rulings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AlcidDante
Beginner
Beginner
AlcidDante

Posts Posts : 11

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Card Rulings   Card Rulings Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 am

i noticed something everyone is discussing on forums and real life. and its the fable darkworld stratigy....

i noitced alot of duelist adding cards that say "discard 1 card." like karma cut and so many others.
since we all studied english in english class...and i see the rules of discarding on darkworld cards, i noticed taht thises "discard 1 card." is a cost not and effect... so why are alot of duelist (aka players) adding such cards?? im just asking becasue i have alot of darkworld and fabled cards and i was going to make my hybrid deck but i wanted to make sure i could use such cards myself.

so everyone knows what im taking about, we see in the card the period to end the sentence of such cards. but if we put a comma then it would be part of the effect not a cost but a requirement which a darkworld or fable card would activate.

since i stated that cards like Karma cut, raigiki break and so many others that have "discard 1 card." then the effects of darkworld and fabled cards cant activate...

can someone please help me "prove" this statements im making becasue im sure in the rules of yugioh (in the manuels) these are costs not part of card effects.

i just wish to be right or wrong because im horrible confused....
pleaase andwer as soon as possible...

Back to top Go down
WilBer
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1859

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:06 am

there is the differnece of fabled and DW cards

i belive DW card say : if this crd is discarded by an effect
and Fabled is : if this card is discarded

from above ._. if u discard fabled for cost eff still activated
but no for DW

Back to top Go down
The Crocodile
ADA Leader
ADA Leader
The Crocodile

Posts Posts : 2160

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 8:37 am

Shapesnatch wrote:
there is the differnece of fabled and DW cards

i belive DW card say : if this crd is discarded by an effect
and Fabled is : if this card is discarded

from above ._. if u discard fabled for cost eff still activated
but no for DW

agree with him

There are two key concepts in the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG concerning Costs:
1. Costs are paid before the activation of a card, not after.
2. You never get a "refund" on a cost.

Ill explain you the difference between a cost or an effect. Its not so complicated, its logic.
Cost means: To activate a card effect you need to do something first as a cost (pay lp, discard a card, tribute a monster etc.)
Effect similar to a cost means: It is usually secondary effect of a card. Example: DW dealings has 2 effects, first one is to draw a card and second one to discard one. Here the discarding is the secondary effect.

Back to top Go down
rosum
Beginner
Beginner
rosum

Posts Posts : 338

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:21 pm

fables and darkworlds are useless anyways xD karakuri is where its at

Back to top Go down
Miles89
Beginner
Beginner
Miles89

Posts Posts : 8

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Fabled rueling VS Dark World rulings.    Card Rulings Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 11:43 pm

As stated above fabled can be discarded for costs and still use there effects.

"If "The Fabled Cerburrel", "Fabled Lurrie", "Fabled Krus", "The Fabled Catsith", or "The Fabled Ganashia" is discarded from the hand to the Graveyard as a cost, then its effect does not miss the timing, and will activate after the current Chain fully resolves."
-From the Yu-Gi-Oh Rulings page.

You can use Fabled Raven an Dark World monsters together because Ravens effect is not considered a cost but Fabled Valkyrus's effect is considered a cost.

Your best bet is to hit up the wiki page and check to see if each effect is a cost or not for each Fabled monster in question.

Back to top Go down
death-coder
Beginner
Beginner
death-coder

Posts Posts : 689

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:20 pm

fabled > DW ....

i can OTK with fabled with double quasar and ssd on field ...

COULD, but not anymore since formula is limited along with poa ... xD

Back to top Go down
http://hackrules.com/
Sponsored content

Card Rulings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Card Rulings   Card Rulings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Rulings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1